Parrott - BOSE - RNS-E

TTLAW

Reaction score
I have a parrott kit (LS3200 colour) I removed from my previous motor. I now have an A3 '04 with RNSe and BOSE.

I have phoned around and i have been told it cannot be fitted due to the BOSE system.

Has anyone on here had any luck fitting a parrott kit to a car equipped with BOSE or know where I can get it fitted in the Midlands?

Cheers

Steve

On the parrot loom there should be two loose wires left over that don't look as if they are for anything. Not sure of the labelling on them, but it there should at least be a + and - on them.

Hook these into the TEL AF+ and TEL AF- pins in the green quadlock connector and you should be in business. I had a guy send me a mail a while back looking for assistance and I believe that's what we ended up doing.

This image is for the Symphony II+ but the TEL pins will be in the same place for the RNS-e.
RNSeAuxIn005.jpg

I have phoned around and i have been told it cannot be fitted due to the BOSE system.
Whoever told you that is talking complete bulls..t!

You connect the audio out from the Parrot to the telephone audio inputs on the RNS-E, the mute line from the Parrot to the mute in of the RNS-E and check the coding of the RNS-E is correct for a non-Audi phone kit is connected.

It makes no difference at all whether you have Bose or not - the phone audio is converted internally to line level and fed to either the normal amplifier or the Bose amplifier with no difference.

Bit of a thread resurrection, but a guy came to fit a Parrot kit to my brothers BMW 118d, and after asking him about fitting the kit to my Bose equipped 8L S3 with a Symphony II HU and AndyMac Stealth Sub he said it could be done, but the sound would only come through the front speakers. Does anyone know if this is the case?

Thanks

A quick search has given me the info I needed :icon_thumright:

I have a parrott 3000 on my RNS-E... Works great, and sound from all four speakers.

So I say ******** to the guy who said it couldn't be done.

Keith

i have the same unit ls3200 colour in my s4 with concert/ bose, the only problem i had was no sound through the speakers when making or receiving calls so i had to run a wire direct to the speaker in the drivers door when the instructions say just use the telephone mute cable and the inline audio connectors i even sent one back thinking it was faulty as it muted the music and displayed telephone on the stereo but got no conversation but works fine the way i did it

apparently some systems only broadcast from the front speakers as some bose systems in audis and only partly bose amplified ie front or rear only and others full surround..that was i was told, god knows how true it is

I'm struggling to get my parrot working with my RNS-e. I've used an SOT-976 lead, but there was no power.

There is a red lead that I connected with the pack of the unit but it's not ignition switched so its on all the time.

I've purchased a piggy back fuse from ebay so I can connect directly to the fuse box. Which fuse shall i use?

i thought there were 3 power wires in total red orange and yellow but you only use 2 depending on the polarity of yor car circuit so its on when the ignition is switched otherwise wouldnt it be a small but constant drain on the battery?? apart from that i'd just the fuse for the stereo system or see if you have a spare fuse port for heated seats or another option if you dont have it fitted maybe that would be best

apparently some systems only broadcast from the front speakers as some bose systems in audis and only partly bose amplified ie front or rear only and others full surround..that was i was told, god knows how true it is

The concert 2+, the Symphony 2+ and the RNS-E all use self-amplified rear speakers, whether you have BOSE or not... However, it doesn't make any difference so long as you use the external MUTE and telephone ± lines for the signal command and inputs, it doesn't make any difference to the unit whether the amplifier is inside the speaker or inside the head unit.

The only time it will NOT work is if you're using the switcher box which interrupts the speaker lines. -Under this circumstance, you'll have a hard time connecting to speaker lines which aren't there... however...

When the head unit operates normally, it sends amplified, high-current signal to the front speakers, and line-level, unamplified, low-current sinal to the rear/sub amplifiers. If you use the external mute signalling line, all four (front and rear) are told to shut up and listen to the external telephone input signal. (same on the concert 2+ and symphony 2+). Then any signal which appears on the (differential) phone signal pins is fed -UNamplified- to the rear speakers, and also fed -AMPLIFIED- to the front speakers. the volume control on the MFSW also changes the level of the phone input WITHOUT affecting the 'normal source volume, while this mute is active.

Keith

i didnt need the sot lead but if i did use it would it have worked all four speakers? or which other pin could i have wired my sound output to to get sound from all four speakers instead of one with the concert bose in a 99 s4?