Parrot mki9200 - S3

jdas03

Reaction score
Hi all,

Been looking at getting something to neatly play my iPhone through the car, I have seen these parrot kits which come with small LCD screen and ability to take calls through car speakers.

I have found one for 136 pounds, very tempted!
I wondered if anyone had experien e of one in an s3?
Heard they are meant to mute when taking calls and when turned on they are meant to block sound out of radio etc And play through?

Do they work well? Thinking of this instead of HU upgrade!

I currently have chorus - front cassette rear stacker and Bose if it helps!

Any comments or suggestions welcome :)

Looked at the exact same one mate, i want something to play the ipod thorugh but also take calls, dont fancy 3 points off the plod.

Unsure of what it'd be like with our set ups though, i know the ice in the audi's are a bit tempromental.

Yer that's my concern, it says on the parrot site it should work, but I don't want to invest in it without being sure of how it works on audis! My mate has it on a fiesta and it's fantastic!

Any one aware of any alternatives that do work well? Worried about being the first parrot tester :-S

I think tim may have fitted one of these or at least some sort or parrot.

I have a Parrot bluetooth handsfree (with cable Ipod connection) in my S3. It works just as you'd expect it too. When playing your Ipod/radio/CD ifa call comes through it mutes the music and the persons voice comes through the speakers. As soon as the call is ended the music resumes.

However, mine is setup with an aftermarket Alpine HU, not the original Audi stereo.

That sounds great, thanks for the info.
That's the thing this parrot would be instead of getting an HU to keep the car OEM.
I'm sure it will work tempted to give it a try as was very impressed!

If anyone else has more info around it or any other options please let me know :)

Especially interested how spotify works on it... As it's an app not through the usual iPod channel...

chaps i have the mki9200 and its brilliant....although you will need to buy a converter box for £25 on top of that to allow you to tap into the cd changer feed on the OE HU.... otherwise the parrot will just play through the front speakers as the rear is amped in the boot (and you cant really tap into this)

best idea is searching the forum cos ive done so many write ups on this model....it replaced my Denison kit which i found next to useless

Fancy fitting mine when i get it tim :)?

hi guys i used to work for halfords and used to fit loads of these to customers car, they are excellent and work very well, only advice i can give is get someone to fit it that knows what they are doing as one of my collegues at the time somehow ******** up a customers sound system by fitting one of these. (thats halfords for u though lol)

But like i said i would highly recomend one.

Dani, course dooood, bring it over and ill help you haha.......

Elvo, only way your likely to do that is if your cutting wires.... the parrot is plug and play, the only modding you have to do is to convert 4 line outs into 2 phono plugs....... i would imagine ya mate at halfords stripped the amp feed thinking it was the rear speaker feed

Im holding you to that :).

Think we need to organise a yorkshire meet soon.

We do mate yes..... especially as it seems we have yet another member above :)

and yup, when you come round we'll use yours as a 'how to' with pics......

Parrot MKi9200

Thats the place for £136
you have to add delivery on that as well but cheapest i found it so far!
Looks really worth while! Ill have a search and see if there are any guides for the S3 fitting with this extra box

best place to get it is lowcostaudio...or at least it was, the box was a connect2 i seem to remember, was called an aux converter.........

ok fitting guide...... plug the iso's from the parrot loom into the HU as usual, make sure you earth the parrot loom with the spare wire (they dont tell you to earth it in their instructions)...... you will need a constant live which can be found under the steering column (cant rem which live it was on the rail without looking)..... the parrot loom will then have 2 lines out - & + so four wires, left and right, you need to get an old phono lead and snip it up, fit terminal block and connect other ends to these line outs....then plug into their respective left and rights in the connect box

i placed my parrot 'brain' behind the glovebox....tie wrapped to the HU cage as it starts to rattle, it will annoy the hell outta you.

last of all you have three mute cables, you will have to get someone to ring you to find which mutes the system, trial and error....then snip off and fit a spade connector and plug straight into the back of the HU (diagram on back of HU will tell you which is the mute, its the only socket without a plug in it)

job done :)

Sounds like a plan mate, will be a few month though, still got to finish the damn shopping list for the suspension and intercooler :(.

I hate you tim :), haha oni joking. I've told you, no, when I've done. I won't need one, haha.