Parrot CK3100 Bluetooth car kit

cocain

RAA RAA like a dungeon dragon!
Reaction score
Hi
A friend is looking to purchase the parrot ck3100 to fit in their 2007 tt with bose and concert stereo.
Can anyone tell me exactly what additional harness will need to be purchased to have full functionality with the steering controls etc?

Thanks

If they haven't bought the parrot yet wouldn't it be a better idea to buy the Audi BT module ??

Reactions: Viking
The Parrot kit is by far and away the worst handsfree kit I've ever had the misfortune to own. Don't do it. The Bury CC9060 is much better on a budget and comes very close to being absolutely hands free, while the Parrot kit involves pressing a button, turning a dial while looking at the damned thing all the time, and spending ages being distracted from the important job of driving.

If they haven't bought the parrot yet wouldn't it be a better idea to buy the Audi BT module ??

I'm not sure. i'm just trying to find out the best options and costs. They do not have MMI, I think just the concert stereo. Do you know the approx cost for the Blue tooth module?

thanks

The Parrot kit is by far and away the worst handsfree kit I've ever had the misfortune to own. Don't do it. The Bury CC9060 is much better on a budget and comes very close to being absolutely hands free, while the Parrot kit involves pressing a button, turning a dial while looking at the damned thing all the time, and spending ages being distracted from the important job of driving.

Thanks for your reply.
i was under the impression that you were able to use the Parrot as you have explained but also using the steering wheel controls when using the correct leads / adapters so that the info would appear in your instrument cluster. This is what i am trying to find out.

Thanks

Not sure about using the steering wheel controls mate to be honest, mine didn't have them when I had the Parrot. However, the Bury kit is voice control and touch screen. Simply connect phone via bluetooth, touch the screen ad say "Dial" then the name of the contact you want to call. Example "Dial Home" and it calls home for you. No voice tags needed or anything, it just reads the phonebook from your phone and picks "Home". Also, when someone calls you it speaks the contact name from your phonebook, so it would say "Incoming call from Home". It doesn't use the steering wheel controls as it doesn't need to.

As for the Audi system, again I'm not sure how it compares, but I'll wager it's a huge step up from the Parrot kit.