Parking Sensors

b00zehound

Reaction score
Anyone got any idea what make / model number the parking sensors on the rear of a 52 plate A4 Quattro Sport Avant? Im quite sure they are factory fitted as I have the sales invoice for the car and they were in the origional spec. They have the rectangular shaped center. Also what shape they are ie straight or L shaped?
Sorry to ask but im trying to avoid going to the dealer as I have 1 faulty , according to VAG-COM. I dont want to have to strip the bumper off to see it the do it all again to fit the replacement!
Any help appreciated.
Thanks

I will check etka later but simple easy thing to do is call the dealer & just ask what the part number is for your sensor & a price, dont have to order it, they will easily give it over the phone, as they check with your chassis you'll get the correct number fitted.

Just call VAG Parts and give them your chassis number. That's what I did and I got the correct replacements for my 54 plate car. I think they are L shaped but it was a little while ago. They are in the hi £30s each IIRC and you'll need to get them painted. If you have any other paintwork needing done, get the sensors done at the same time.

Also, I'd recommend buying a couple as they have a finite lifespan. I had one go on the front and bought two replacements. unfortunately another two went on the front so I still have one not working after having the bumper off. I guess the fronts get a harder life with stone chips etc.

Well I have a spare one here thats kinda L shaped left over from my a3 install, I'll see if its compatible, but personally I wouldnt go running to vagparts just yet as they're dirt cheap on ebay uk & germany, they are literally £70 each for the 8P, I got the whole set for £30 delivered brand new from germany, I was given a seperate one with a loom thats why have spare.

Well I have a spare one here thats kinda L shaped left over from my a3 install, I'll see if its compatible, but personally I wouldnt go running to vagparts just yet as they're dirt cheap on ebay uk & germany, they are literally £70 each for the 8P, I got the whole set for £30 delivered brand new from germany, I was given a seperate one with a loom thats why have spare.

Must be different for the 8P as VAGParts were £30-something each for my B6. However £30 for a full set from Germany is pretty good.