Parking sensors

tfewkes94

Reaction score
Hi all,

Recently back on Audi sport with my new 2012 a3 after having a 1 series for the last 3 years. One thing I am missing a lot is the rear parking sensors, how easy is it to fit the retrofit kit from Audi or can anyone recommend a aftermarket kit? My dads recently had a cobra kit installed on his c63 which seems good so far

I had the Cobra vodafone one recently fitted by body shop and the guy who did it said its the best kit hes ever fitted and he's fitted a lot!

Hi all,

Recently back on Audi sport with my new 2012 a3 after having a 1 series for the last 3 years. One thing I am missing a lot is the rear parking sensors, how easy is it to fit the retrofit kit from Audi or can anyone recommend a aftermarket kit? My dads recently had a cobra kit installed on his c63 which seems good so far
Would it not be possible to get the person who fitted your fathers so well to do your ones plus maybe only me but best to buy oem all the time as you know you have a 2year warranty with Audi parts ( well most best check ) ti fall back on

Would it not be possible to get the person who fitted your fathers so well to do your ones plus maybe only me but best to buy oem all the time as you know you have a 2year warranty with Audi parts ( well most best check ) ti fall back on

Yeah it was my dads friend who fitted the cobras so I could easily get him to do mine, I would like the OEM ones but I’m not sure how it works does the controller need wiring into something then the sensors and coded or do they just wire into the reverse lights like aftermarket ones?

Got mine done by a VAG Retrofitter in Nuneaton. Professional job looks OEM. I believe he fitted the Cobra Parkmaster kit and tapped it into the reverse light wiring.

Genuine OEM I think is a case of going through an onboard controller.

Yeah it was my dads friend who fitted the cobras so I could easily get him to do mine, I would like the OEM ones but I’m not sure how it works does the controller need wiring into something then the sensors and coded or do they just wire into the reverse lights like aftermarket ones?
You can drop @NHN a pm as i think he is mobile and je might be able to sort you out mate

Reactions: tfewkes94