Parking sensors not working?!

DanMcG117

Reaction score
Hi all, I've recently got my S-line avant and have found a couple issues that hopefully somebody can help me with.

My parking sensors don't function at all and I found a Cobra parking sensor module in one of the door pockets.
Does anyone know where it is supposed to be plugged in? Or of this is even the correct part?
According to some YouTube videos it is supposed to go in the boot hatch behind the rear light but I cant seem to find where.

Any help on this would be much appreciated! Thanks

Attachments

• 20200208_130123.jpg
    20200208_130123.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 131
You'll need to start tracking the wiring bud to find the end points, OEM has a stock location but you never know with aftermarket.

You'll need to start tracking the wiring bud to find the end points, OEM has a stock location but you never know with aftermarket.
Yea that's what I'm concerned about, a previous owner has fitted an aftermarket system, or tried to. I didn't fancy pulling too much of it apart but guess I'm gonna have to investigate this a bit further

It's the only way to go... & happy investigations .... i dont enjoy searching to see what someone else has done when I means removing trim & panels . however the previous keeper may have already replaced the part and that's the broken ..? Check the sensors are clean ? If all wiring seems intact and good connections also swap the parts over to see if he bought, but never replaced .

It's the only way to go... & happy investigations .... i dont enjoy searching to see what someone else has done when I means removing trim & panels . however the previous keeper may have already replaced the part and that's the broken ..? Check the sensors are clean ? If all wiring seems intact and good connections also swap the parts over to see if he bought, but never replaced .
Thanks! Yea I'll get stuck into it soon and post an update of what I find. All the sensors are clean, I'm hoping to find an OEM system still in place but we'll see!

I found some useful investigation tips on a different thread so I'll share it here for anyone else who has a similar problem ✌
https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a4...-128/rear-parking-sensor-not-working-2894558/

Reactions: k.lockU2
It is either coincidence, but that brand of aftermarket parking controller is what most VW Group marques sell as an aftermarket fit - ie Cobra, or as it is now known as Vodaphone. So maybe either of these names/brands could supply you with an installation document?

Reactions: DanMcG117
It is either coincidence, but that brand of aftermarket parking controller is what most VW Group marques sell as an aftermarket fit - ie Cobra, or as it is now known as Vodaphone. So maybe either of these names/brands could supply you with an installation document?
Interesting yea, I've seen a lot of cobra stuff on other forums. I haven't managed to have a good look at the wiring yet but contacting them could be an option, cheers!