Parking Sensors Installation & questions

DaveA3-TDI

Reaction score
I am thinking of buying some rear parking sensors from here: Home for my 2004 A3 but I have a few questions first if anyone can help me ?

1) Is it easy to take the rear bumper off a 3 door and will the markings for parking sensors already be on the inside of the bumper ?
2) These sensors wire into the reverse light wiring, will this cause any problems to the car's canbus system ?
3) Has anyone used this company or their parking sensors before and can recommend them ?

They seem quite a bargain for colour coded sensors, is it too good to be true ? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

1. yes it's pretty easy to take off the rear bumper. if you do a google search someone's put a workshop manual of how to do it on here. if i get a chance i'll dig it out for you later. however, no there will be no marking points on the bumper as far as i'm aware. cars that were equipped with parking sensors from the factory have mounting points for the sensors already fitted, so if you wanna go down the factory fit route you'll have to get a bumper from a car which had sensors from the factory.

2. i've read that a lot of ppl have wired into the reverse light with no issues. double check with NHN

3. no idea about the company. sorry. the audi accessories kits can be had quite cheaply off ebay tho.

Thanks for the info, tried a quick google search but couldn't find that workshop manual. If you could dig it out that would be great :) Can I ask what the audi accessories kits are ?

Here is the link to removing the Rear Bumper
it in three parts boot trim and lights as all these have to be removed

VW AUDI Forum - VWAF

You should see four cross marks on the inside of the bumper were the Auidi ones fit

Last edited:
I have the audi kit I installed it and its not working for some reason.

The kit keeps beeping even if there is nothing behind the car.

I took the bumper off and at a certain distance from the car the system works. Anyone know what the problem might be?

I have the audi kit I installed it and its not working for some reason.

The kit keeps beeping even if there is nothing behind the car.

I took the bumper off and at a certain distance from the car the system works. Anyone know what the problem might be?

When you say "took the bumper off and at a certain distance", maybe the wires get pushed back and interfere with each other when the bumper is fitted?

Take a look at the wires and whack on some insulation tape.