1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Parking sensors - constant beep

Leighton82 Dec 4, 2018

1. Leighton82

Leighton82 Member

Hi has anyone ever had their sensors suddenly have a continuous beep in cold icy weather? Im hoping it's temporary rather than terminal.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

3. gavmatt1978

gavmatt1978 New Member

Dodgy sensor, probably cause its damp, will get worse, vag-com can tell you which one.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

4. OliNix

OliNix Active Member

I have this, replacing the sensor didn’t help. Haven’t gone further yet, I’m suspecting connection/ ground issues

5. gavmatt1978

gavmatt1978 New Member

Swap the sensors around, see if problem moves with it, if not then its an electrical issue.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

6. Daniel1512

Daniel1512 Member

i had this and all i did was clean the sensor and it was ok i think when the sensor gets dirt over it it thinks its near something

7. Alex Holmes

Alex Holmes Active Member

Id run a scan first if you have access to the equipment, hopefully as said above this could highlight a faulty sensor. Good news is there are cheap on flea bay should you need to replace. Id also check the sensor plugs behind the bumper for poor connections or dirt/water ingress as behind the bumper is a hotspot for sh*t showers when the weather is pants.

8. Sygh2k

Sygh2k Active Member Gold Supporter

if u cant scan, put into rev so sensors are active then go hover your finger over each sensor you should be able to feel them pulsating, sometimes clicking, which means that sensor is ok then move to the next til you find the dodgy one. if changing sensor doesnt work, bumper off time to check breaks in the loom, a nudge on the bumper in the right place from an inconsiderate bad parker can cause issues

9. Seanchadwick2k3

Seanchadwick2k3 Audi A6 C6 2.0tdi 2011 Sline Special Edition Audi A6 S-line owners group Le Mans Edition

I have a similar issue, only seemed to happen when cold but now it's constant. Carista told me it was the rear near side. I've not had a look at it yet as it's a bumper off job as the exhaust is in the way but I'm convinced it's a loose cable or corroded contact.

I see a lot of people mentioning engaging reverse like the post above but there's something I'm confused about. When I engage reverse I get a long beep and none of the sensors work so should you still be able to here the clicking? Does the car just stop you using them by muting the sound and not giving the display but they are actually working still?

10. Sygh2k

Sygh2k Active Member Gold Supporter

Im pretty sure once reverse is engaged they are on even after the long beep that tells you theres a problem, the click noise is only faint and only there when something is in front of the sensor. If more than one are apparently not working id say its not a simple sensor fail and more likely a wiring issue

Seanchadwick2k3 likes this.