Parking Sensor Wire

Eran

Reaction score
Hi

I have a Q7 2016. My front parking sensors were stolen and I needed replacement.

When taken out the plug was also torn. I now have only the 3 wires.

I got new plugs and sensors however I am not sure what is the wire color code that should go into each of the 3 terminal in the sensor plug.

can someone advise of the wire color code or send a picture that shows the color code in the wire loom that connects to the front parking sensor plug in a 2017 Q7.

many thx
Eran

Hi eran, hope this helps, the Key (top right) and color chart (bottom) should give you the info needed, for most part seems to always be Grey wire Terminal 1 and brown/white Terminal 3.
Just shout if you need any further help. :icon thumright:

Attachments

• Q7 sensor.png
    Q7 sensor.png
    87 KB · Views: 709
Reactions: Eran
Hi eran, hope this helps, the Key (top right) and color chart (bottom) should give you the info needed, for most part seems to always be Grey wire Terminal 1 and brown/white Terminal 3.
Just shout if you need any further help. :icon thumright:

hi Liam -
Wow this is so helpful. Thanks !!! I wired it based on what you wrote and the diagram and it works like a charm !!! many many thx.
May I ask u another question? My left (driver side) peripheral camera is not transmitting a picture. What is see on the multimedia screen is all cameras showing a picture (i.e. the front, rear and right side camera). However for the left side I see on the multimedia screen an icon of a camera with a red line across it. i.e. a faulted signal or connection. Nothing physical as far as I know happened to the left side camera or the mirror it is installed in. Is there a reset I can do to the system or something else to fix this? where do I start :)?

Without putting a Diagnostic computer on it to find any Codes to start looking around its hard to tell, Is it a constant fault or intermittent? and does everything else on the Left door work as it should?

The mirror cameras require calibration if removed and a fault Claiming the Camera is not calibrated could shut down the system, I dont think this will be the case but its something to keep in mind.

The fact that its only the single camera rules out fuses as i believe the whole system is all on a single fuse so all would Cameras would be dead instead of just the 1 single one.

So its likely an issue isolated to the left Mirror system, might just be a dead camera or connection somewhere but would need a scan tool to diagnose further.

In thhe meantime you could try resetting / rebooting your MMI if you havent already, hold both Silver buttons up towards Nav and Radio while pressing in the Main black button until the MMI screen goes black and begins to reboot. I've attached a vid explaining how to do the reboot further, the Reboot may not help but doesnt hurt to give it a go.

Without putting a Diagnostic computer on it to find any Codes to start looking around its hard to tell, Is it a constant fault or intermittent? and does everything else on the Left door work as it should?

The mirror cameras require calibration if removed and a fault Claiming the Camera is not calibrated could shut down the system, I dont think this will be the case but its something to keep in mind.

The fact that its only the single camera rules out fuses as i believe the whole system is all on a single fuse so all would Cameras would be dead instead of just the 1 single one.

So its likely an issue isolated to the left Mirror system, might just be a dead camera or connection somewhere but would need a scan tool to diagnose further.

In thhe meantime you could try resetting / rebooting your MMI if you havent already, hold both Silver buttons up towards Nav and Radio while pressing in the Main black button until the MMI screen goes black and begins to reboot. I've attached a vid explaining how to do the reboot further, the Reboot may not help but doesnt hurt to give it a go.

Thanks a lot. Will try the reboot. By the way which simple and inexpensive OBD device would u recommend I purchase?

Thanks a lot. Will try the reboot. By the way which simple and inexpensive OBD device would u recommend I purchase?

Personally i've only used VCDS Or Odis (VW Dealer diagnositcs) But for a cheaper solution ODB Eleven seems to be a favorite of a lot of people on here!

Hi Guys,

new to this forum :)

I have a Audi a5 2019 b9 and have a issue with the front parking sensors

In a nutshell, my front parking sensor connector plug (that comes off the headlight wiring loom) has been chopped off
i now only have a bunch of wires that need to be repinned and put back into a new connector

Does anyone have a wiring diagram that they could kindly share

I have pictures of the wire itself - I believe I need a 8 pin connector replacement plug

i can share pictures if need be

any support on this would be massively appreciated

thank you

Personally, I've only used VCDS or Odis (VW Dealer Diagnostics), but for a less expensive option, ODB Eleven appears to be a popular choice among many on this forum! doodle jump