Parking Sensor Q - spray or not to spray

ToadConsulting

Reaction score
Hi all,
I'm changing my S4 grill away from the standard grey to a black version - have people simply sprayed their current versions to match or looked to buy black units?

Maybe annoyingly, the standard sensors come with a black finish, but if you are buying a gloss finish grill they would need to be painted to match.

Edit:- there could be a market for your old grill including the grey sensors?

Gloss black from Halfords works perfectly well, don't bother changing them.

Great thanks - I like my car stealth so gone for a standard gloss black with chrome surround that simply states "Quattro". Just need to do something about the rear tips now!

Brining this back to life - so I did get a couple of new sensors, and as my car was in for some clutch work/remap they put the new grill and sensors on for me. One of the new ones was faulty so they left one of the grey ones in as a temp measure until I got a black replacement. This weekend I went to change it and it kicked up an error (usual button flashing and constant beep) - thought must just be unlucky with a second duff unit but even if I pop the grey one back in still does it! Did a google search but no obv. reason - i'm not being thick and there is some master re-set you need to do?

No big drama as dropped my garage a note who I'm sure will help me out... I'm planning to spray my old ones so I've got some spare.

Weird, now a cable issue?

Edit:- you could always check connector to connector as each sensor gets a commoned +12V, a commoned 0V and the sensor O/P, so possibly the outer 2 pins are linked the other outer 2 pins.

Another Edit:- pin1 is power, pin3 is earth on all the parking sensor connectors.

Last edited: