parking sensor bumper holes?

Lee_R

Reaction score
You guys who have changed rear bumpers, do you know if the holes for the parking sensors are just that (just holes) or do they have some sort of moulding/bracket around the holes to mount the sensor?

Reason I ask if i've found an 09 bumper and it doesnt have the holes but if it is just a hole, I'll drill them!!

cheers

I have had mine off today 06 Plate there are no Holes but if you look at the rear there are molded cross marks were they need to be drilled I would drill a small hole from the back then make right size from the front

Hope this Helps

The proper bumpers with pdc holes have brackets stuck on the inside to fit sensors into, the brackets are stuck with double sided sticky pad tape, holds extremely well too, I just drilled & epoxied mine in place with some A6 brackets, as you cant buy the brackets seperately from the bumper which is ridiclous tbh.

Thanks guys, the sensors also seem to be bigger on mine (05) than on the later ones too. Might need new sensors aswell which means more cost!!

Thanks guys, the sensors also seem to be bigger on mine (05) than on the later ones too. Might need new sensors aswell which means more cost!!

Just drill bigger holes, simplessssssssssssssssss

Just drill bigger holes, simplessssssssssssssssss

Yeah thats my plan, i need to get my bumper off and see how much of it can transfer to the new one. If the brackets come off easy enough i'd be sorted!

Yes they come of fairly simply, then just stick back onto new one mate, I'd also secure with epoxy aswell.

Lee, I hope you don't mind me jumping in on your thread, but I'm still in the process of researching this to fit my A4, I'm looking at the parking plus system. Anyway, I am really keen to see what the bumper looks like when it has had a hole drilled in it and the sensor fixed. I've got a courtesy car at the moment and the holes seem to be slightly curved. I've posted a picture below:

P1000833.jpg

Can someone do me a real big favour and take a picture of their retro fitted drilled hole with parking sensor fitted so I can see clearly what its going to look like. I don't fancy having to have the bumper resprayed. I know it won't look exaxctly the same as above and you will see the black colour of the bumper but I'm wondering how much.

Cheers

Neil

Last edited:
Neil send me an email again & I will reply with pics of mine