1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

Parking cameras have died

A4B9 Feb 27, 2017

1. A4B9

A4B9 Well-Known Member

So after nearly a year of ownership I have got my first problem; the parking cameras have stopped working and I have to relearn how to park the old fashioned way (with sensors of course...)

Booked in with Audi to look at but the earliest date they had is 3 weeks away which is a pain. Getting all the recall updates done as well so it'll be interesting to see what that does

2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. Simonb1975

Simonb1975 Guest

blimey, if I get one of these new A4's, will I need a ****** big lump of cotton wool to wrap it up in.
    Seriously though, if the sensors go too I'd be buggered. The dark art of manual parking has long since left the building

TripleD and duckduck like this.
  4. mjcourtney

mjcourtney Well-Known Member

When you say "cameras" is that because you had the 360 parking system? And if so, have they all died?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

duckduck likes this.
  5. A4B9

A4B9 Well-Known Member

Yes, I have the parking advance package. They're all buggered by the looks of it, it's functioning as if the car doesn't have any cameras at all and just presents the basic parking visuals on the centre console. When I go the parking aides settings on the mmi it says they're unavailable

6. desertstorm

desertstorm Moderator Staff Member Moderator VCDS Map User

Probably not a failure of the cameras them selves but an issue with configuration or a failure with a module. The B9 seems to be too complex for it's own good.

Simonb1975 likes this.
  7. A4B9

A4B9 Well-Known Member

I've noticed that parking mode doesn't disengaged after parking up, switching off the engine and locking up. It just keeps the visual up on the screen so I have to switch on the ignition again and manually switch it off - very odd indeed.

8. A4B9

A4B9 Well-Known Member

So I've taken it in and the ECU is busted, so I'm getting a new one once they order it in from Germany