Parking button reminder..

Crozzer84

Reaction score
Hi everyone - had an absolute nightmare tonight. Parked my Avant up gone in the house then as I’ve come back to my car, it’s rolled down the drive into the gate post! Turns out I forgot to engage the parking button .. just wondering if there’s anyway I can turn on a reminder alarm so I don’t do it again? This is going to be one costly lesson.. big dint in front wing and paintwork all scraped. I’m absolutely mortified.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My 2020 car chines and also won't let you lock the car if its not in Park

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

My 2017 A4 shifts to "P" automatically as soon as I open the doors or release seatbelt, unless it was on "N".

Audi A4 B9 3.0 TDi quattro 200 kw

My 2017 A4 shifts to "P" automatically as soon as I open the doors or release seatbelt, unless it was on "N".

Audi A4 B9 3.0 TDi quattro 200 kw
Actually mine shifts to P as soon as I hit the stop button

I have never worked out the logic of the handbreak.

Sometimes I press the stop button when the engine is on and in gear, and it goes to P and the handbreak goes on. Sometimes it only goes to P but the handbreak doesn't go on.

Luckily, I live on the flat.

If the green auto hold brake P is illuminated green on the dash it will go to park and auto handbrake when you hit the stop button.
If you did not brake hard enough and the Green p is not on the dash it will just go to park.

Assuming you have auto brake assist on your car as not all do as standard

Thanks. Never knew that. Could you point me at a page on the audi site that describes that behaviour. I did a search and couldn't find that.

I will take a look but its how mine actually behaves

Unfortunately with my car, as has been with other owners, the auto handbrake coming on is a random affair. However it does go into park as soon as I switch off the ignition. With manuals it is always advisable to leave it in gear...

Reactions: harvey.nott
You can use obd11 (and others im sure) to always apply the handbrake on engine stop - regardless of you have auto hill hold or not.

You can use obd11 (and others im sure) to always apply the handbrake on engine stop - regardless of you have auto hill hold or not.
Do you know which coding it is ? I have not done that one and might be useful.
I did set auto park on engine off

Apologies its Carista I used and not OBD11. Once you connect its customizations>Chassis and Engine>Auto engage parking brake when ignition is turned off.

You can indeed and I already have that knowledge but don't have an issue with pulling up a switch anyway. Perhaps it is because my second car has a 'old 'fashioned' manual handbrake...

I’m presuming with mine being a manual (think I forgot to state this in the OP), there isn’t a way to remind me that I’ve forgotten to put the parking brake on or indeed to automatically have it come on?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk