Parking 1 million miles away from shops/cinemas/gyms etc

a3_dan

Reaction score
Hi All,

Just a random question, but just wanted to see if everyone here is as anal as me when it comes to parking your cars in multistorey car parks etc...

My girlfriend is always moaning at me for having to walk so far to the shops/cinemas etc from the car park, but i have to park as far away as possible to stop the ******* parking next to me and smacking their doors/trolleys and anything else they fancy hitting against my pride and joy!!

Please, tell me im not the only one that does this and annoys there GF?

P.S. I parked as far away from everyone the other day to go Nandos in Croydon, come back to my car to find there are still hundreds of parking spaces around me, yet some PLANK still decides to park right next to me, sooo close im sure they must have knocked my panels trying to get out!!! I was FUMING!!!! ARGGHHHHH What is it with these people????

Dan

Problem is Dan, you'll park million miles away & some complete tossssseerrrr will always think oooh I want my car to have a friend whilst I go shopping & sit it right next to yours, tis true every damn time, people just dont car mate they really dont.

i do too, but i also park at the end of a run, so gives extra room to the car next to too mine, it keep the wife fit running to the shop in the rain.

I seem to have my own private space at our local Tescos. Pretty much the furthest space away from the door. Very rarely have anyone parking within a few spaces of me...

Cheers,

Sounds like we're all the same then!

I try and pick an end of line space, so at least the car can only get door knocks from one side - (assuming it doesn't get driven into :crying:)! Ideal space is end of the row next to the wall/kerb/hedge etc.

I do the same. I've even been known to park around the corner in McDonalds' carpark (wider parking spaces) when shopping in Tescos (microscopic parking spaces).

And as mentioned above, the space at the end of a run is usually the safest bet. Then you can park to the side of the space furthest away from the car next to you. This way you've only got one potential pleb to worry about.

i do too, but i also park at the end of a run, so gives extra room to the car next to too mine, it keep the wife fit running to the shop in the rain.

HAHA I have used the line, "Im thinking of you, its great for your figure all this walking to and from the Car" haha as you could imagine, it didnt go down too well!

Looks like we are all alike then! Phew, its not just me!:wacko:

I do the same with my car at my local Sainsburys. Have to walk a 100 yards to the entrance, beating off the illegal immigrants who want to know if I need my car washing.

I always park my car miles away from the shop then some numpty goes and parks next to me but half the time its only because they can not park a car unless there is another one next to them for guideance.

Yeah I'm the same but I'm more subtle about it. As well as the space at the end of a row, I also look for spaces where my car will be flanked by passenger doors (less likely to be opened as some drivers will be alone). The problem with parking right in the middle of an empty car park is that it actually draws attention to the car.

i try to park next to a clean well looked after car thats better than mine thinking that he/she look after their own car they will be careful with mine , and never ever park next to a wreck , don't always work but worth a try

Rob

the way i combat not getting my pride an joy marked is i dont take it out lol i use the mrs crappy peugeot, im amazed to see the amount of people who really dont care about their cars in this world, i reguarly see people parking next to walls and gettin out and banging the door and just turn round lock the door and go into tesco or wherever they are off to and not even think about the damage they have done to the door. basically i hate anyone standing next to my car and to stop me stabbing all these people i keep the girl away from morons lol

im the same and also park on the white line so gives space on each side.

i drive round car parks assessing where my space will be:search:

normally on the end,in the distance,over 2 spaces. not only do i have to walk the distance back im normally carrying my daughter

i gave up poaching good parking spots, i have a new approach, if i get back to my car and after a quick inspection of doors i find a mark i leave an equal mark on the car parked on which ever side i find the damage, obviously it may not be the same person who damaged my car but i feel better for it, as NHN says no one gives a toss any more so why should i?

if i get back to my car and after a quick inspection of doors i find a mark i leave an equal mark on the car parked on which ever side i find the damage, obviously it may not be the same person who damaged my car but i feel better for it

You sure!

I can see it now...... one day you get knocked unconscious and don't see who did it. When you finally come round and see the paramedic providing medical attention you knock him out sparko because he was the closest to you.

:lmfao:

my next door neighbour is a paramedic and i dont fancy my chances against him so hopefully that situation would never arise :)

Hey Guys, i'm just the same. Try to find end spaces but most are taken up by you lot lol I always avoid other 3 door cars as they need more room to open if they have rear passengers. Ive even straddled 2 spaces (naughty I know and it wasnt cos I couldnt park). Every time I leave it at the far end of the car park, like others have said, some sados have seen it and left their heap next to mine. When I got my car it was immaculate, within 1 week, 2 dings and a dent!! all from works car park too!!!! annoying

i try to park next to a clean well looked after car thats better than mine thinking that he/she look after their own car they will be careful with mine , and never ever park next to a wreck , don't always work but worth a try

Rob

I do this now... Going and finding an empty space is the worse thing you can do. This leaves lots of space for other cars to come and hit you!

I PUT A MASSIVE RING OF FIRE AROUND MINE IN PETROL , WORKS A TEE :icon_thumright:

jasonlazarus01-610x424.jpg

I parked as far away from everyone the other day to go Nandos in Croydon, come back to my car to find there are still hundreds of parking spaces around me, yet some PLANK still decides to park right next to me, sooo close im sure they must have knocked my panels trying to get out!!! I was FUMING!!!! ARGGHHHHH What is it with these people????

Yeah I insist on parking miles away, sick of careless idiots in a hurry banging and scratching my car..

Went to Birmingham Childrens Hospital on Sunday afternoon, nice empty carpark so I park near the edge then some chavvy MX3 parks about a foot away from my car ***! Its on a K-plate, its covered in rust and they have massive doors but luckily no marks when i got back else Id of kicked his chuffing wing mirror off!