Parcel boot cover rattle

KrisKrk

A6 C6 4F 2010 LeMans Avant
Reaction score
Does your parcel boot cover rattle?

Meaning, not the cover itself but the hooks that latch in the groves by the tailgate.

I tried to stick some thin foam padded bits but after a while of silence, foam got worn out and rattle came back.

Any permanent or longer lasting solution?

Tell me your secret, please.

Cannot stand it when driving and have no music or at low level. It just creaks and rattle there.

Should actually say, it is more of a creak noises coming from there.

All 3 Avants I have owned had the same problem, on my B6 I tried lubricating the slots it goes into, this was a big mistake!! Went over a bump and the slots disintegrated!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: KrisKrk
That wasn't a good idea, Steve. LOL

Any softer material (cloth, sponge, ect) will wear off and creak will return.

3 x 4F avant within my "family" are facing this issue. So far no permanent solution. Leaving it open is not helping either .

Tell me your secret, please.

Cannot stand it when driving and have no music or at low level. It just creaks and rattle there.

Should actually say, it is more of a creak noises coming from there.
Do you have the screen to stop the luggage in the boot flying forward aswell? It goes under the pull out parcel shelf, I turned my music off on the 16 mile drive home from work today and mine didn't make a single noise

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Yes, I do. It's a mesh type screen. It can be also installed at the back of the rear seat backrests when they down. Do not put it up, tho.

Tried to follow the creaks and it getting from the earlier mentioned hooks.
Padded them with adhesive foam and the hook slots but lasted no longer than a month.