Panther Black

RyyC

Reaction score
Anyone got a panther black s3 or just has some good pictures? Think i'm going to spec it but for over £700 want to be sure (never seen one in the flesh)

Cheers

Ry.

Reactions: SW14NY'S
As posted on other thread pal.

Looks amazing but so so much hard work to keep looking good & maintain.

If you are prepared to put the work in cleaning more than once a week or don't mind your car looking dirty very quickly then you will love it as its a spectacular black ...

As posted on other thread pal.

Looks amazing but so so much hard work to keep looking good & maintain.

If you are prepared to put the work in cleaning more than once a week or don't mind your car looking dirty very quickly then you will love it as its a spectacular black ...

View attachment 77138

View attachment 77139

Looks the business! What sort of cleaning routine? I would be getting it detailed straight away then would a good wash every weekend work?

Reactions: Snake Pliskin
Black = nightmare, mine was cleaned last weekend, this is it today in less than 90 miles:

IMG 3102
IMG 3103
IMG 3104

Actually I didn't get the TTS detailed so on reflection that may help considerably.

Get a really good coat of wax and / or sealer then keep it topped up where needed and that will help for sure.

My biggest issue was rain !

Even if the car was just stood stationary in rain ( especially summer showers followed by hot drying sun ) and the water marks were so annoying.

Drive just a few yards in rain and immediate same problem ... it is a labour of love keeping black I'm afraid.

When clean it looks amazing - just go in with your eyes open that the cleaning may need to be a bit more regular than some other colours and you'll be fine :sunglasses:

Actually I didn't get the TTS detailed so on reflection that may help considerably.

Get a really good coat of wax and / or sealer then keep it topped up where needed and that will help for sure.

My biggest issue was rain !

Even if the car was just stood stationary in rain ( especially summer showers followed by hot drying sun ) and the water marks were so annoying.

Drive just a few yards in rain and immediate same problem ... it is a labour of love keeping black I'm afraid.

When clean it looks amazing - just go in with your eyes open that the cleaning may need to be a bit more regular than some other colours and you'll be fine :sunglasses:
Yeah i enjoy cleaning cars. However just moved house so really struggling with space to do it. Old driveway was perfect but now just have a garage thats detatched and further down the ****** road. Would have to use the pressure washers up the road i think at the garage! Dont trust any car wash places around blackburn unless anyone can reccommend?

Used to have a Panther black focus. Gave up trying to clean it. Absolute nightmare. Unless you have OCD.

Used to have a Panther black focus. Gave up trying to clean it. Absolute nightmare. Unless you have OCD.
Once a week suffice or not? Wont be driving much on weekdays anyway! Get lifts to/from work

Started once a week but just doesn't last. Current car is glacier white. that dirties easy but a quick jet wash and it's as good as new. None of these detailing shenanigans required to remove swirls etc.

Reactions: S32B
Panther black at its impressive best .....

A few of mine.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 367
Reactions: SW14NY'S and Snake Pliskin
Lovely when it's clean!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    868.8 KB · Views: 443
To me it's even lovely when it's not clean:rapture:

Attachments

• brock-rc29-w1.png
    brock-rc29-w1.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 1,914
  • brock-rc29-w2.png
    brock-rc29-w2.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 1,333
  • s3-sb-0315-1.jpg
    s3-sb-0315-1.jpg
    206.9 KB · Views: 748
  • s3-sb-0315-5.jpg
    s3-sb-0315-5.jpg
    205.1 KB · Views: 382
  • s3-sb-0315-6.jpg
    s3-sb-0315-6.jpg
    153.4 KB · Views: 373
Would never have another black car. As said, they look stunning in the dry summer weather (did I say dry?). However, that last till the end of the road you live on. I love detailing cars but the black was simply too much work. If you don't clean it properly, everytime or have a slight mishap, then it'll mark, swirl or scratch before you can say 'I wish I bought Floret Silver'. Don't say I didn't warn you. :friends:

Reactions: Snake Pliskin
Would never have another black car. As said, they look stunning in the dry summer weather (did I say dry?). However, that last till the end of the road you live on. I love detailing cars but the black was simply too much work. If you don't clean it properly, everytime or have a slight mishap, then it'll mark, swirl or scratch before you can say 'I wish I bought Floret Silver'. Don't say I didn't warn you. :friends:
You're putting me off lol!

Either that or white which gets filthy too!

I have to agree totally !

Had a panther black TTS and lovely car & spectacular colour but so hard to keep it liking that way.

Black upkeep is a full time job lol :)

Reactions: Scottyg
Go white if you are in doubt. Any black is a serious detailers car. Looks at most of the guys/girls who are into their detailing on here......very few will have black cars. Sepang? yes. Daytona? yes. Silver? Yes. Black, not so much. Don't get me wrong, if you are prepared to put up with it go for it. After all, it's your car, your money and your time.

Reactions: Snake Pliskin, Bristle Hound, SW14NY'S and 1 other person
Go white if you are in doubt. Any black is a serious detailers car. Looks at most of the guys/girls who are into their detailing on here......very few will have black cars. Sepang? yes. Daytona? yes. Silver? Yes. Black, not so much. Don't get me wrong, if you are prepared to put up with it go for it. After all, it's your car, your money and your time.
@Scottyg - Wise words my friend :thumbs up:

Reactions: Snake Pliskin and Scottyg
Had a white TT from 08 to 11 and that was a breeze to look after !

Reactions: Bristle Hound and Scottyg
Had a white TT from 08 to 11 and that was a breeze to look after !
Likewise. I had an ibis white B8 A4 from 2009 to 2014. Easiest coloured car I've ever had to keep clean TBH :thumbs up:

Reactions: Scottyg and Snake Pliskin
Ive had Phantom and now Mythos...not that keen on the Panther, its sparkly with a purple tinge which pops when you detail it.... I like my black black !

I'm disappointed with Panther Black. It's just black. It only looks special clean under lights, especially garage forecourts. Having said that I think I'd still spec it as I wouldn't go for flat black, and it's only £250 more than metallic. It's worth the extra, just.