Panther Black S3 8V ?

Some Panther pics from today... god it sparkles

Reactions: Lmg, the_lecht_rocks and paullowther
Just heard our spec is not yet locked . Mrs likes purple panther ?????

But I like Phantom ;-)
Had a morning in an S3 S Tronic in Panther Black.. awesome to drive and the S Tronic really suits the car.Panther, well first time we had seen one in the flesh and yes I'm sure it shines and sparkles with flashbulbs and strong sunlight but in the grey skies yesterday it looked very flat and less shiny than our current Phantom car. In fact we questioned the sales guy as to if it really was Panther.. it was.Anyway our S3 is now locked and we are sticking with Manual and Phantom Black..... getting impatient now but only a couple of months or so to go!!

rubbish, you want Panther and STronic but can't have neither , so are trying to justify your selection mwahahahahaha :) :)

AND.....

He wants my 19" extractor fans...

Come on Pilot, we won't mind if you change your spec....all will be forgiven :beerchug:

No folks I am quite happy with my spec, particularly seeing the Panther in dull light.. As for S Tronic... maybe next time, it is very suited to the car but on balance prefer Gears.As for the ASDA extractor fans, had OEM 19in been available I would probably have had them. I'm told the Saloon 19in will not fit the SB, can't think why?

Lol, so let's get this right.You've read and posted on the Panther Schwarz thread that you like Phantom and consider Panther dull.You concede that STronic is your preference but you've bought manual.You've bought 18" wheels but prefer 19".All in all, you're in a great place :)

And the 19" saloon alloy will run 225/35/19 tyres giving the same effective rolling radius as the 225/40/18'so no reason at all that they will not fit !

Have a nice day Mr Rock ;-)I thought this thread was for comments on Panther primarily and a few asides as happen from time to time.. for example when we mention Politicians we can't help thinking about ar5eholes.. get it ? On the wheels I understand the maths BUT the wheel itself is a different size and someone posted that the Saloon 19in wheel will not be a proper fit on SB.. don't know any more than that mate.

so they've redesigned the hub and the PCD of the bolting pattern just for one car out of the whole range ? don't be daft, i think you're talking noinsense. regarding your other comments, I think the expresion is " doth the lady do protest too much"..........

Perhaps heard this before somewhere but please, stay on thread............

Reactions: VeeDubDan
Absolutely Craig.. I feel I am being wound up. I am only feeding back what I was told when looking at a Panther Black S3!! Nice(ish) colour it is too ;-)

It might be down to the size of the discs and the offset as I am sure that the S3 has bigger discs - looks like there will be enough room though. There is the narrower wheel arches on the SB as well...

Just went on the german audi site, looks like they are offering a 19" version of the V style wheels they do on the RS range
that would be great on the SB .....

The width is still 225 and the rolling radius is equitable therefore no issue ***...... Is there something wrong out there ? Lol..... Unreal,...On thread here's a panther black sq5. Heavy, not dynamic but ****** lovely colour....

Just went on the german audi site, looks like they are offering a 19" version of the V style wheels they do on the RS rangethat would be great on the SB .....
Where is that then.. CAn you post a link pls. Nothing on audi.de (see below) I can find!Motor

Attachments

• S3 19.jpg
    S3 19.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 464
ah see what you mean, your looking at the sportback... surely the wheels for the saloon will be a straight swap no?>

The saloon shows 19in wheels not so on the SB.. Even in Germany! There must be a reason as posted earlier !

No reason. Same PCD same rolling diameter, same width. 19" will fit. Johnny already has them fitted.

Johnny has fitted Asda extractor fan style wheels ( sorry Johnny only joking )
Has anyone officially fitted 19 in OEM to a SB???

Reactions: Johnnyb
must just be audi.i had a golf back in the day running 20's - no issues at alli'll keep my eyes peeled for these V styles in 19" they will suit the car perfectly

Doubt they are the same width, 19s are showing as 8" and typically VAG 18s are 7.5". And potential offset might be different too. That said, fitted with 225 tyres instead of the 235s supplied on the saloon I'm sure they would be fine as long as it wasn't decked on coilovers.

Looking at the way the S3 3 door and sportback sits you can easily get 19" or even 20"( if you're mad) on there.

They sit well in the arch and the rolling radius doesn't change as the tyre profile needs to be changed otherwise the speedo will be out.

Offset wise, I'm not sure what the standard 18" wheels are but I can tell from pics that you can get away with at least 10mm front 12mm rear spacers (much like the 8p) so with that in mind a wider offset will fit. I will be keeping the stock wheels for a while at least and running spacers.

Reactions: the_lecht_rocks
I'm considering Panther now, so would love to see some pics on an S3 saloon if anyone can find them on the inter-web (I've failed)