Panoramic roof

rallymangtb

Reaction score
Am I right in thinking that the panoramic roof will run the air conditioning in the car ???

run it or ruin it ????

will be like having air con on with a window down but not as bad as the wind doesn`t come in as bad with the roof. Our scirocco was fine.

No what I mean is isn't there a solar panel built in that runs the air con instead of the engine running it ???

I have panoramic roof, no solar panels in mine. Just glass.

The C6 had solar roof, but it was dropped (at least for the UK market) on the the C7 models.

Dear all,

Kindly if soneone can answer my question about the Panoramic Sunroof.

1- up to what speed I can drive while the Panoramic Sunroof is opened

2- what is the maximam speed that I can drive while opening & closing the Panoramic Sunroof

1. Don't think there is a limit, however the faster you drive the more wind noise is generated seen 80 with my roof open.
2. I've closed my roof at 70 without any issues, again I don't think there is a speed limit, it not like a cabriolet roof.

1. Don't think there is a limit, however, the faster you drive the more wind noise is generated seen 80 with my roof open.
2. I've closed my roof at 70 without any issues, again I don't think there is a speed limit, it not like a cabriolet roof.

Dear B5NUT,

Thanks for the reply, I have tried my self and it opens and closes perfectly but on long term basis it may have faults and Motor with Mechanism the of the Sun Roof may spoil. I had a Mercedes A250 Sports AMG after like 2 years rattle noises started to appear from the Sun Roof and after a while the Mechanism and the motor got spoiled and the reason as per my I have been told is because I use to open and close the Sun Roof on 70 MPH. Because of the wind speed, it may telt the Sun Roof while Opening & Closing which creates the problem.

what I want to make sure is that at what Speeds is it Safe to Open, Close and Drive.

I could not see anything in the manual about speed , but you have kind of answered your own question. I always shut my roof before I go on the motorway or dual carriageway, I don't like closing it at 70 as it will put extra stress on the roof mechanics. But sometimes I have forgot. If I know I'm going over 60MPH then I will close the roof before that as I don't like the noise, but driving around town & country roads is fine.

If it's a new car and under warranty then I would just use it at any old speed, if your car is not under warranty or plan to keep the car then mechanical sympathy comes into play.