panoramic roof

X3n0m0rp4

Reaction score
Evening folks...

Ok be gentle but I drive a BMW...well that is until the 24th of October when I take ownership of a Glacier White S3 3dr . I test drove an s3 on Friday and wanted the saloon but a 20 week wait was not on as the S3 was superb and i could not wait!!!

So armed with broker quotes a dealer close by offered a new car with an immense list of options and this includes the immense panoramic roof for a price that was 2% above the broker. So signed on the dotted line and now I will try and wait 9 days..

So the question... The panoramic roof does this have the "interior lighting pack" as standard. The brochure's are of no help, the dealer says yes but tbh...I am not so sure.

Also the car has the black styling pack which again according to the dealer says includes the 3D black inlays but again not sure.

So if anyone can help and give some advice it would be brilliant...

Reactions: naughts4187
Evening folks...

Ok be gentle but I drive a BMW...well that is until the 24th of October when I take ownership of a Glacier White S3 3dr . I test drove an s3 on Friday and wanted the saloon but a 20 week wait was not on as the S3 was superb and i could not wait!!!

So armed with broker quotes a dealer close by offered a new car with an immense list of options and this includes the immense panoramic roof for a price that was 2% above the broker. So signed on the dotted line and now I will try and wait 9 days..

So the question... The panoramic roof does this have the "interior lighting pack" as standard. The brochure's are of no help, the dealer says yes but tbh...I am not so sure.

Also the car has the black styling pack which again according to the dealer says includes the 3D black inlays but again not sure.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but the interior light pack is a separate option, I've just specced mine up with pan roof, light pack and 3d inlays. Here are the codes:

5MY Inlays, 3D design 'black'
QQ4 Interior lighting package
3FB Panoramic glass sunroof

I still can't understand why dealers don't spec the light pack or Audi make it standard and just charge a little bit more.

I wouldn't say the panoramic roof is immense... Far from it.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but the interior light pack is a separate option, I've just specced mine up with pan roof, light pack and 3d inlays. Here are the codes:

I still can't understand why dealers don't spec the light pack or Audi make it standard and just charge a little bit more.

I thought as much but this was a case of wait 3-5 months or if I took this they would give me a superb deal...so panoramic, B&O stereo, sat nav, folding mirrors, comfort pack, black style pack, privacy glass...

The only difference if I specified the car myself is the 3D inlay and interior light pack...so guess I will wait and see as I had so much fun in the S3 it is something I will happily live with

Everyone has an opinion but...!!!

Glacier white S3
Black styling pack
Black privacy glass
10 spoke titanium colour alloys

Yeah the roof will be immense...

Evening folks...

Welcome!

I just received my 2015 A3 2.0 Quattro saloon a couple of weeks ago.
( ordered it on July 28th ) It is Glacier White with the Black pano roof and
Black leather interior. This is my first white car and I love it.

Congratulations on your new car and I hope you enjoy it as much as I do
mine. :kissmyrings:

Reactions: X3n0m0rp4
I thought as much but this was a case of wait 3-5 months or if I took this they would give me a superb deal...so panoramic, B&O stereo, sat nav, folding mirrors, comfort pack, black style pack, privacy glass...

The only difference if I specified the car myself is the 3D inlay and interior light pack...so guess I will wait and see as I had so much fun in the S3 it is something I will happily live with

Very similar spec to mine, I however wanted a custom colour so it was factory for me.

PXA Adaptive headlights with Xenon Plus headlights
9VS Bang & Olufsen sound system
8T2 Cruise control
6XE Door mirrors – electrically adjustable, folding and heated
7P1 Electrically adjustable lumbar support
7HE Extended mono.pur interior finish
UH2 Hold assist
PU8 Light and rain sensor package
VW1 Privacy glass
7X1 Parking system plus
WB4 Technology package with Mobile telephone preparation - High with Audi Connect

Reactions: X3n0m0rp4 and Blackwhite
Welcome!

I just received my 2015 A3 2.0 Quattro saloon a couple of weeks ago.
( ordered it on July 28th ) It is Glacier White with the Black pano roof and
Black leather interior. This is my first white car and I love it.

Congratulations on your new car and I hope you enjoy it as much as I do
mine. :kissmyrings:

Appreciated...was going to order the saloon but had to wait way too long which is a shame...good luck with the saloon as it is a superb car

Reactions: Blackwhite
Appreciated...was going to order the saloon but had to wait way too long which is a shame...good luck with the saloon as it is a superb car

Thanks a lot! :beerchug:

Reactions: X3n0m0rp4
We went for the Panoramic sunroof and it's superb! really opens up the cabin when you have the roof back and in the rain or gloomy conditions you can pull the sun visor back and brighten up the cabin as well. I have an S-Line and i love the black interior but on a lovely sunny autumn day it's great to have the roof back.

The 8v pano roof is a very worthwhile addition. However, compared to the superb open-sky system my 8p had it's like the poor man's option.

I can See someone posting a link, with pictures, to every option available in the UK :) (Veeeight take note)

Back to the OP's actual question:- I have the pano roof and was told I had to order the interior light pack with it. The brochure states:-
'Only in combination with Interior light package (QQ4), Illuminated vanity
mirrors (QQ5), Xenon light package (WB6) or LED light package (PG1)'
So I think the answer is no and yes. The interior light package is not standard with the pano roof but you have to have it and Audi make you pay for it! Or perhaps you could get it with just the (cheaper) illuminated vanity mirrors, the wording is a bit anomalous.

we didn't order the interior light pack with our Panoramic sunroof. we did however add it later but it was about 3 weeks after the order was placed.

The panoramic roof is a nice option to have, however..

1) - Weight Penalty
2) - Fuel consumption penalty
3) - Performance penalty.
4) - Less Headroom

Panoramic roofs can add a good 50kg or more onto the kerb weight of the car, add weight, increased fuel consumption, decrease performance.

For that reason and especially on a performance car, I've never seen the appeal.

Reactions: The Challinor
fair enough, i'm averaging around 55mpg in my 2.0 TDI and i have to say that being 6' 2" i don't find it encroaches on the headroom at all. each to their own i guess :)

1) - Weight Penalty
4) - Less Headroom

Panoramic roofs can add a good 50kg or more onto the kerb weight of the car, add weight, increased fuel consumption, decrease performance.

For that reason and especially on a performance car, I've never seen the appeal.

Never thought of those reasons

Just have a good dump before you drive ;-)

Reactions: Dtwm1, nadsi77 and veeeight
I had the Mercedes version of a panoramic roof and it wasn't that great. Audi's one looks similar and I wasn't too convinced so never specc'ed it.
Plus after a while you'll get maintenance problems with it, having to oil it, and more chance of a mechanical fault!

if you used that philosophy surely you'd not spec anything on your car? anything mechanical can fail or develop a fault over time. but like i say, each to their own :)

fair enough, i'm averaging around 55mpg in my 2.0 TDI and i have to say that being 6' 2" i don't find it encroaches on the headroom at all. each to their own i guess :)

Precisely, you have bought a Diesel version of the A3, not a performance version. Speed, handling, braking etc is of little importance to you so you couldn't give a monkeys about a 50kg+ weight penalty. (although there will be a fuel penalty too)

I was more specifically on about those that buy the performance versions of the A3. i.e S3 and RS3, it's an unnecessary additional extra if you're buying the car to ring its neck and eek every last bit of speed out of it.

As you said, each to their own

Precisely, you have bought a Diesel version of the A3, not a performance version. Speed, handling, braking etc is of little importance to you so you couldn't give a monkeys about a 50kg+ weight penalty. (although there will be a fuel penalty too)

I was more specifically on about those that buy the performance versions of the A3. i.e S3 and RS3, it's an unnecessary additional extra if you're buying the car to ring its neck and eek every last bit of speed out of it.

As you said, each to their own

Hmmm, you make it sound like a racing car, trying to lose weight to gain that tenth of a second. I'm sure it makes very little difference in the type of driving most S3 drivers do.

Reactions: Blackwhite and Bristle Hound
I would totally disagree. It's probably been the best option on mine and it was open from March until fairly recently (closed at night time of course)

I had the Mercedes version of a panoramic roof and it wasn't that great. Audi's one looks similar and I wasn't too convinced so never specc'ed it.
Plus after a while you'll get maintenance problems with it, having to oil it, and more chance of a mechanical fault!

On top of those possible issues, my additional one i worry about is in my front garden right next to one of my parking spaces is an apple tree... what if a big *** apple falls off the tree and goes through the roof? is that even possible?

On top of those possible issues, my additional one i worry about is in my front garden right next to one of my parking spaces is an apple tree... what if a big *** apple falls off the tree and goes through the roof? is that even possible?
virginity-protection-helmet_o_745583.webp

Hmmm, you make it sound like a racing car, trying to lose weight to gain that tenth of a second. I'm sure it makes very little difference in the type of driving most S3 drivers do.
^ Agreed! :thumbs up:

1) - Weight Penalty
4) - Less Headroom

What spec/options did you go for?

Let's be perfectly honest, Audi are in no way pioneers of weight saving or optimum performance (be it S or RS variant), so in real life a panoramic sunroof on an Audi makes next to no difference. Driver/passenger weight and fuel amount will more than eclipse any Audi option.

Don't have one in the S3, but wife has one in the Q5 and I'm having one in my RS5.
Our daughter loves looking out of it. It also makes a white/grey car that has black pack all the better looks wise. The functionality of it isn't important, but the aforementioned are so I specced it.

What spec/options did you go for?

Let's be perfectly honest, Audi are in no way pioneers of weight saving or optimum performance (be it S or RS variant), so in real life a panoramic sunroof on an Audi makes next to no difference. Driver/passenger weight and fuel amount will more than eclipse any Audi option.

Don't have one in the S3, but wife has one in the Q5 and I'm having one in my RS5.
Our daughter loves looking out of it. It also makes a white/grey car that has black pack all the better looks wise. The functionality of it isn't important, but the aforementioned are so I specced it.
Sunroof looks nice on a white car, otherwise I think it is a waste of money. I used to have one in my 8P, hardly never open it. Why? In the summer one run AC anyway. And the amount of light comming in is not very impressive, it is situated to far back in relation to the driver position. But that's just me.

Going through blackpool illuminations would make a solid investment.

We're going to Blackpool illuminations on Friday night. If fortune favours us, it won't be raining, we'll have our extremely panoramic roof retracted and our two young nephews will have a tour of the lights that they'll remember and cherish for years.

The only thing your guaranteed is loads of traffic. As I live in Blackpool the novelty soon wears off but I'm sure your nephews will love them.

We're going to Blackpool illuminations on Friday night. If fortune favours us, it won't be raining, we'll have our extremely panoramic roof retracted and our two young nephews will have a tour of the lights that they'll remember and cherish for years.
:thumbs up:Have a good time and ENJOY! :kissmyrings:
[

Reactions: Relliott6879
The only thing your guaranteed is loads of traffic. As I live in Blackpool the novelty soon wears off but I'm sure your nephews will love them.

We're Blackpool regulars mate, being just down the road in sunny* Burnley.

*It does happen sometimes, honest!

One of my fav options. Brightens up the interior, great for fresh air circulation in tilt position (and no wind noise...) and I love opening it right up on a sunny day, and even on a warm summer night - a bit like driving my MX5. Definitely well worth the money IMHO...

Reactions: Pickle1970