Panel filters are they worth it ?

Think the proof in the pudding is as you say, Tim - print outs.

But for me, I'm happy that my logs are showing more g/s (if they are, not actually tested it since having the GCF!!).

In fact, I'm going to go out tonight. Lazy night of curry and wine was on the cards - maybe I'll delay it a tad!

OEM paper for me,

I cant see the point in spending £30+ for only a small gain... i think some people buy a different filter/intake, and expect their car to do a wheelie from the traffic lights lol.

Also, my standard paper filter still lets the turbo spool and diverting sound loud and noticable from outside the car :)

100,000km actually not miles

Thanks. I thought I had read 100k KM somewhere, but thought that couldn't be true! Seems a long time for a filter to be in there and not get clogged up - surely by the nature of it, it's a filter, it filters out unwanted things, so must get less efficient as time goes by and it catches things in the filter.

But I'm happy with my green cotton filter so :) , got it as part of a package deal at JBS.

im sure it has but why wouldnt this one be as good???
also would it be better than the standard box
Read the reviews for it there mostly people with 1 litre corsas and 1.2 clios one even claims he can get 15 - 20 bhp from it on a corsa :think:. personally i wouldnt wipe my **** with it if it was possible lol and a jetex is only £20 more. But its up to you as its your car and your money.

The request was not posted by me!!! As it says in the quote box!!! lol....

Agree with above..

sorry to the people selling these but im still not convinced that even the Jetex are as good as everyone is saying, yes you may feel a difference, but none of this has been proven beyond the cars own sensors - until someone actually gets up proves this via a third party system (rolling road or other) then i will go with the opinion of the 8 years worth of S3 owners and stay with the standard box.....

nobody before could get anything to work better than the standard air box with a decent cold air feed....whats changed? is it simply because this is a bigger cone

you'll struggle unless you have fittedan fmic ;) assuming you are talking about an S3

no just a a3 1.8t AGU no FMIC,

why will it be difficult???
i havent had a look but i presume just cut a hole in the side of the box
and run it down near the botom front of the car pointed forward

no just a a3 1.8t AGU no FMIC,

why will it be difficult???
i havent had a look but i presume just cut a hole in the side of the box
and run it down near the botom front of the car pointed forward
Cant you run it in place of the original intake it should fit as long as its not too big.

Ah in that case its simples, i have done a 4 inch feed on the misus AUM A3 recently, see my kingfisher build thread if you want to see some install pics