Paintwork Touch Up

Rowan88

Reaction score
Hi,

I have a few stone chips around my car with also a rather large (5mm) flake off of the front bumper. I also have a scratch along the backside of the car about 20-30mm in length.

I bought a kit from Halfords but the colour doesn't match at all, even though it was the right colour code.

I phoned Audi about buying their OEM touch up paint for my car and they have the small bottle for £13 w/ the lacquer.

I was wondering if these touch up kits are good or should I see about getting an aerosol spray with my paint matched?

I phoned ChipsAway regarding the work and by showing him the small scratch alone I was getting quoted £180+.

My car colour code is LS9R/2Y, pretty sure its Glacier Pearl White Metallic.

All help appreciated, can provide photos if needed.

Meemo

Reaction score
better off getting it matched up at a local auto car paint place.
I had a silver kit made up years by a paint place in portsmouth and was spot on and very cheap, cheaper than halfords.

palfy86

Reaction score
I can confirm LS9R is GLETSCHERWEISS and that there is also 6 shades within that colour, so the chance of getting a kit "off the shelf" and it matches will be highly unlikely.

Best bet is to take it to a motor factors that do paint and they should match it up exact.

Hope this helps,

Martin

Rowan88

Reaction score
How did you know there was 6 different shades ?

Cheers, dont suppose anyone can recommend a place around Glasgow/Clydebank?

Last edited: