Paintshop Nightmare!

DPM

Site Sponsor
Site Sponsor
Reaction score
Website
www.dpmperformance.co.uk
I'm so annoyed! :aggressive: I had a few bits and pieces smoothed on the S3 and after the second time in the paintshop the finish on the paint still isn't right! I'm now going to have to go to another paintshop and pay for them to strip it back and hopefully paint it right this time. I wish i just never had it done in the first place, i could cry! :(

what a bummer!! I feel sorry for you!! :sob:

good luck for the next round!! hope they get it perfect! fingers crossed. :thumbsup:

Too many bodyshops have got the 'talk' but when it comes to the crunch they cant deliver. I had my bonnet resprayed and the muppets have 'tried' to sort it out but cant seem to get anywhere near the level of the original paints quality.
How bad is the job on yours?

DPM said:
I'm so annoyed! :aggressive: I had a few bits and pieces smoothed on the S3 and after the second time in the paintshop the finish on the paint still isn't right! I'm now going to have to go to another paintshop and pay for them to strip it back and hopefully paint it right this time. I wish i just never had it done in the first place, i could cry! :(
I feel your pain mate... I'm still driving around with a front bumper that only touches the car in about 70% of the places it should and is covered with a dalmation paint job :(

Hope you get it sorted without much more hassle fella!

Rob.

i used to work in a bodyshop and had stuf done free, now i have to pay for it and no one seems to be able to do it right! im sure they just can't be bothered. had my bumper painted and they could'nt get the colour right so know how you feel!

its just a disapointment, you look forward to getting it done and it looks crap. then it ends up costing a fortune!

i have had all my previous jobs done by my dads mate, hes getting old like but his work is absolutly flawless. i suppose its like anything nowerdays its finding people to trust wiv your car and know the job is done right. good luck to you tho DPM

The first time he done it the work was quality, the smoothing was flawless and the paint was spot free... the colour just didn't match. The second time it's come out there's runs and it just look awful... You don't notice everything until you get home but when i did i could of burst into tears!

I had a problem with mine too. Brilliant black A4, but when it came back from paint it was nowhere near as brilliant. Picked the car up in the evening and it looked stunning. Had all this talk about how they flat the paint down with fine paper then buff the shine back up.....mmm.....the following moring in daylight it looked almost grey compared to the rest of the car. Took it back to them and they so -say resprayed it again. As before a great finish, but colour nowhere near right. I found out they mix their own colours, which is where everything falls apart. Instead of going through all that again they gave me back half of what i payed and I took it to a authorised Audi spray shop. Now its the proper colour!!!

I'm going to Audi tomorrow morning to see who they use and then go there, hopefully it'll be right this time but it's going to end up costing me alot more then i originally thought! Cars!

Thats the worry with paintshops, the finish is either perfect, or the colour, never seems to be both. My guy gets the colour 100% and maybe the finish 99%, that i can work with !

And he does a good deal too

I hope you get it sorted

I hate it when they buff newly painted paintwork with there super special buffers that they say are brilliant and all you get left is a load of swirtl marks which are only evident in bright sunshine.
FECKERS!@!

Well after getting some quite frankly crazy money quotes to sort out the paint on the car, i've decided to try and either put a claim in through the bodyshop's insurance or failing that i'll have to take the bodyshop to court to pay for the repair. This may seem abit extreme but the way i'm thinking of it is that is we here at DPM Autostyling fitted suspension to a car or remapped a car and something went wrong because of it, we'd have to fix it or pay to get it fixed, same applies to the bodyshop i think. You'll all know how i feel and i'm hoping agree with me as that car, as sad as it is, means alot to me.

mate you are right in every aspect!.......too ****** right they should pay for the repair or even re-do it themselfs....i wouldnt have that especially if it was my pride and joy....mate come down hard them and they dont budge....take em to court bud....best thing to do.

Good Luck

DPM said:
... i've decided to try and either put a claim in through the bodyshop's insurance or failing that i'll have to take the bodyshop to court to pay for the repair.... You'll all know how i feel and i'm hoping agree with me as that car, as sad as it is, means alot to me.

Go for it! they should've done a pukka job in the first place!! :asskicking: :whip:

exactly......if they say no we are not re-doing it....then say well be prepared to go to court....make sure you have proof like reciept and stuff and go for it.....all bodyshops that i know of have alway had their policy say, if your not happy we will re-do it free of charge....some companys ask you to pay a contribution towards the paint and some do everything completely free of charge again....i cant believe the place you want to bud!!!! Good luck once again. :)

suggest you get another quote asap clearly stating the remedial work needed to recitify the original botch up. Just in case it goes to court.

In fact get 3 quotes (price comparison)...:icon_thumright: