Painting parking sensors?

Dani_B19

Audi-sports own special child.
Reaction score
So I have 3 parking sensors in the rear bumper that need painting.

Has anyone ever painted parking sensors them selfs? If so how easy is it? How many lays of primer, paint and lacquer did you use? Anything to watch out for?

Thanks.

Easy mate, grey scotch, adhesion promotor, aerosol primer X1 coat, base coat X1 or 2 depending on coverage, then lacquer once will be fine

Easy mate, grey scotch, adhesion promotor, aerosol primer X1 coat, base coat X1 or 2 depending on coverage, then lacquer once will be fine
Is the adhesion promoter really needed or will plastic primer better? I have some halfords standard primer already, will that be OK to use or not?

I personally always use adhesion promotor, plastic primer will have an amount of promotor in, but not as much as using the promotor on its own first! You need to keep primer, base lacquer etc to a minimum as it's an ultra sonic sensor, to much produce build up can affect the sensor. But it's your call. It just stands a better chance of staying on the sensor using it

scotchbrite, skim of primer, wet and dry that, bit of colour then a coat of lacquer. as said keep it thin. make sure the grooves are clean before putting the colour on