Painting brake calipers - but which colour?

Which Colour?

• Red

Votes: 38 50.0%
  • Blue

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • Yellow

Votes: 19 25.0%
  • Other

Votes: 17 22.4%

• Total voters
Calipers done. What a nightmare of a job. Started brush painting but was taking more paint off than going on. Reverted to masking and spraying. New caps finish it off nicely.
20180623 165945 3024x1701
20180623 165951 1701x3024
20180623 170002 1701x3024

Reactions: dp_motley, Rob2k68, -Ju- and 1 other person
Anyone gone down the route of getting their calipers powder coated? I've painted mine, was just wondering as I've just had a quote for a refurb of seals and powder coating as it's a more durable process. Came in at an eye watering £632. Asked them if I could just have the seals and I'll get them powder coated closer to home. Nope won't sell to the public and won't pass on who their supplier is.

Anyone gone down the route of getting their calipers powder coated? I've painted mine, was just wondering as I've just had a quote for a refurb of seals and powder coating as it's a more durable process. Came in at an eye watering £632. Asked them if I could just have the seals and I'll get them powder coated closer to home. Nope won't sell to the public and won't pass on who their supplier is.

Centric do them, 143.33041 for front and 143.34021 for rear.

Have

You personally used these seal mate?

No but some colleagues have without issue.

There are quite a lot of service/repair kits on Ebay but I’ve not heard of the manufacturer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

No but some colleagues have without issue.

There are quite a lot of service/repair kits on Ebay but I’ve not heard of the manufacturer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Yes, with regards to EBay. It has a stigma against it, possibly unduly. But some suppliers do sell cheap tat on their website. I'm willing to pay a premium to get the right seals that are of a quality mayerial. Some may say a seal is a seal. I work in the aerospace industry and understand the need for tried and tested parts and ancilliaries .

Reactions: Fatbloke and Rob2k68
Apart from the gold wheels and the ridiculously low suspension, I'm not actually so sure about yellow as an option now. That pic has been the decider I think. Stick with red...
Agree, Red looks good, not sure about the yellow

I'd like to bring this thread back to life. I own a 2019 A3 Sportback Sport with S-line exterior and I'm going to paint callipers at some point this summer. I have two questions.

1. Are the "sport" callipers the same size as the S3 ones? I guess they aren't but how huge is the size difference? Is here anyone with non-S3 painted callipers?
2. Do the S3 calliper cover plates fit non-S3 callipers? Again, I guess they don't but are there alternatives that do?

So they are glued on, I guess it would need a decent heat resistance glue. Wonder if it causes issues when its time for them to come off.

I'd just paint the calipers . Few of us on here have done it with good results

Sent from my Nokia 8 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Audi Bairn
Here you go
1a46f977b66b0fcf0a17df4c53c2a898.jpg
3dc49dd6b0852b2acb2c7b9a91fb02e4.jpg

Sent from my Nokia 8 using Tapatalk

Reactions: NevMan
Hey guys. Sorry for bringing up an old thread. I just stumbled upon this and wanted to hear your opinion. What do you think of the look of these callipers? I know that many of us (Audi owners) think that an Audi deserves better than calliper covers and we all should invest in an S3 or change to a BBK. But anyway... The color can be different, but the look & shape isn't that bad. These covers made of aluminium and attached to the callipers with clips and screws.

100768889 132018641816096 6998123676633661440 o
101430515 132018668482760 3813770215401979904 o

Reactions: MPH, pburv and S32B
Hey guys. Sorry for bringing up an old thread. I just stumbled upon this and wanted to hear your opinion. What do you think of the look of these callipers? I know that many of us (Audi owners) think that an Audi deserves better than calliper covers and we all should invest in an S3 or change to a BBK. But anyway... The color can be different, but the look & shape isn't that bad. These covers made of aluminium and attached to the callipers with clips and screws.

View attachment 204520 View attachment 204521
They look good... where are they from?

I would always put caliper color same as the car.. Would never put tacky red everyone has and not the mention crazy yellow..

They look good... where are they from?
I bought them (the red ones) from Aliexpress here: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000860119989.html

There are a few more listings of the same product by the same seller, but this one has the lowest price. I negotiated with the seller beforehand that they would send me the covers without their logo, so I could put my own Audi related decals on them. The covers arrived in 10 days. The quality is very good, exactly as you can see on their pictures.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that the seller requested pictures of my oem callipers, so they could send me the right ones.

Yes, with regards to EBay. It has a stigma against it, possibly unduly. But some suppliers do sell cheap tat on their website. I'm willing to pay a premium to get the right seals that are of a quality mayerial. Some may say a seal is a seal. I work in the aerospace industry and understand the need for tried and tested parts and ancilliaries .

Regarding the front caliper brake seals for the S3 you can't go wrong using Bigg Red overhaul kits. The correct overhaul kit for the S3 8V caliper is part no.BRK206050 to fit TRW brand with 60mm diameter piston, this one click me. I've fitted and used Bigg Red kits a few times now haven't had no issues with them, see my post here.

I bought them (the red ones) from Aliexpress here: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000860119989.html

There are a few more listings of the same product by the same seller, but this one has the lowest price. I negotiated with the seller beforehand that they would send me the covers without their logo, so I could put my own Audi related decals on them. The covers arrived in 10 days. The quality is very good, exactly as you can see on their pictures.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that the seller requested pictures of my oem callipers, so they could send me the right ones.
Are they good quality ?? :concern:

Are they good quality ?? :concern:
They are very good quality. They look exactly like on the pictures and robust enough. I already put Audi Sport decals on them. I hope they fit well too but that I'll learn when I fit them in August.

Reactions: NevMan
They are very good quality. They look exactly like on the pictures and robust enough. I already put Audi Sport decals on them. I hope they fit well too but that I'll learn when I fit them in August.

It says they are 150.00 per 1 piece. Dont tell me you spent nearly 600.00 on some covers for all 4?
I assume that is 1 piece is 4 items

It says they are 150.00 per 1 piece. Dont tell me you spent nearly 600.00 on some covers for all 4?
I assume that is 1 piece is 4 items
The price is for a set of 4 :) I paid $178 three weeks ago. There was a listing for two covers only, $90 I think it was.

View attachment 204520 View attachment 204521
If it's purely the look you are after then go for it.:thumbs up: but you need a decent size alloy to pull it off.

Bit od combination green red.. Would paint green
I disagree whole heartedly, but it is my car and my choice. Don't think green was an option from the factory. Your welcome to your opinion, as is everyone.

I disagree whole heartedly, but it is my car and my choice. Don't think green was an option from the factory. Your welcome to your opinion, as is everyone.
Blu car blue calipers had red previously gettingttoo tacky everyone only red red red why such hype about red.. why u need option? u can easily do it yourself aby color

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200713_200112.jpg
    Screenshot_20200713_200112.jpg
    644.5 KB · Views: 130
Got the calliper covers fitted. There were some troubles during installation as the fitting brackets were not shaped well enough to wrap around the calliper carrier and I was unable to push them high enough to center align. But I managed to re-shape them with pliers and a hammer and everything was great at the end. Here are a few pictures.

AooA calliper cover 2 AooA calliper cover 3 AooA calliper cover 1 AooA calliper cover 4 AooA calliper cover 6

Reactions: Peter Peter
Got the calliper covers fitted. There were some troubles during installation as the fitting brackets were not shaped well enough to wrap around the calliper carrier and I was unable to push them high enough to center align. But I managed to re-shape them with pliers and a hammer and everything was great at the end. Here are a few pictures.

View attachment 207906 View attachment 207907 View attachment 207908 View attachment 207909 View attachment 207910
Mghh those disks look so little espec rears .. it loooks like u have 20'' wheels
Haha hammer always help with sorting stuff in any trouble :D:D:D

Last edited:
Reactions: dp_motley