Painted my wheel hubs/brakes and placed logos

Tuttivini

Reaction score
Today I painted the brake calipers (black), wheel hubs (silver) and placed very nice looking Audi logo's on the calipers on my A3 E-Tron (all heat resistant).

Verrrrrrrrry happy with the result!
I like the white Audi ring decals sóóó much. Look at the tiny ones on the back :haha:
Next: Lowering (Eibach Pro Kit) and spacers on front and back.

click for larger images:
(Don't mind the 'rust' on the rotors, this is because I washed it. Need to take it out for a drive and some heavy braking :wink:)

Last edited:
Reactions: lea323ci, dp_motley, AlS3BE and 3 others
Today I painted the brake calipers (black), wheel hubs (silver) and placed very nice looking Audi logo's on the calipers on my A3 E-Tron (all heat resistant).

Verrrrrrrrry happy with the result!
I like the white Audi ring decals sóóó much. Look at the tiny ones on the back :haha:
Next: Lowering (Eibach Pro Kit) and spacers on front and back.

click for larger images:
(Don't mind the 'rust' on the rotors, this is because I washed it. Need to take it out for a drive and some heavy braking :wink:)

Good effort, and nice garage set up you have there pal. You weren’t taking any chances with overspray then?!

Great results and earned yourself some man points in the process - the calipers and decals look good, nice and subtle.

Did this myself earlier this year, but opted for the lazier brush on Hammerite smooth silver. My method, results and detailed write up here...
https://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threa...-stands-rusty-hub-fix-and-gtechniq-c5.387632/

Reactions: V6_Man and Tuttivini
Good effort. logos look really good.
will be looking at doing mine at some point. Big score on my calipers right across the logo.

Reactions: Jimbob76 and Tuttivini
No change for 'overspray' indeed! On my old Audi TT I didn't cover enough and found some silver spraypaint on a side panel afterwards, so this time I covered enough. Maybe to much, but just to be sure :)

Compliments for your write up! :salute:

Before I used this Hammerite heat resistend spray, I also used Hammerite that needed to be applied with a brush. But after some months I noticed I started to 'crackle' and began to look yellowish... Maybe the Hammerite I used wasn't heat resistend...
So this time I used the heat resistend spray can.

Reactions: Jimbob76
I'm about to do the very same when I get home. Lets the car down so much when it's gleaming, with spotless wheels and the calipers and disc hubs look like they've been fished out of a puddle in the local breakers yard.
I bought E-Tech brake caliper paint and lacquer. I have S Line decals to go on too

Reactions: Tuttivini
I keep thinking I should paint my calipers. They do look shabby. Out of interest, how did you do the logos?

@Mikeso51 I contacted a local online Dutch 'sticker shop' and gave them the measurements, front 15x43mm and rear 7x20mm.
They made them on heat resistend white vinyl. This is the design they used:

(a long time ago, in 2007, I did the same on my Audi TT and it still looks like new! 12 years later, the car is still in the family)
4212-audi-500x500.png

Reactions: Mikeso51
Good work fella, extreme home painting. I opted for the less faffy brush on method the other month, you take your time and it comes out rather nice. Center hub was cleaned up & copper greased prior to the wheels going back on.

20190805_064652Small.jpg

Reactions: Tuttivini