Painted Calipers

thanks benskin. i will do a good brake uograde some day.

cant seem to get the pics up what am i doing wrong - i have 7 picsii want to post but it wont let me
photobucket is what im using

Last edited:
cant seem to get the pics up what am i doing wrong - i have 7 picsii want to post but it wont let me
photobucket is what im using

copy the 'direct link' for the pic in photobucket, then paste it into the pic icon in your post, this icon
insertimage.png

I have 7 pics and 7 urls??
Is there a way to get one url for the 7?

I seem to have sparked some debate on here! I think I'll try to find something close to the alloy colour (anthracite) or maybe black. I'm not sure the blue would suit the car tbh.

Funnily enough I've just sold my R32 to buy the A3. I couldn't justify the tax and fuel bill as I cover about 24k miles a year. The A3 BE was the closest I could find to the R32 only with a sensible engine. I have the 170 2.0 Tdi.

2511026033_1c8b22e379_b.jpg

2511881950_713761c900_b.jpg

2511058477_4bd493b632_b.jpg

Last edited:
going to try to convince the dealer it should be covered by warranty - the car is only a year and a half old. What do you think the chances are?

Ive just done the ones on my A3 3.2 sport, i just gave them a quick rub to clean any loose stuff off and painted the with black hammerite, it has silver bits in it and when dry looks a lot like better, nearly as good as my S3. Might need 2 coats (especially the coloured) but i managed mine with 1

how old is your car? I would have thought they shouldn't have rusted as much as they have on mine, as I say it's less than 18 months old.

The ones i did was on my girlfriends 3.2 A3 and its a 2004

i did mine all silver looks really good. spray can gives the best results i think when properly masked off

quick tip you might not of thought of, spray the sheilds front and back, it makes the discs look that little big bigger.

DSC01269.jpg

DSC01270.jpg

c&c welcome

Last edited:
The calipers on my Ibis White BE are Red - and it looks unreal in my opinion. I will get some photos up once I get home (you can kind of see in my signature though)

The calipers on my Ibis White BE are Red - and it looks unreal in my opinion. I will get some photos up once I get home (you can kind of see in my signature though)

they look pretty good from what I can make out in the signature. A big photo would be useful if you have chance?

Thanks,

Car looks lovely in your signature mate. Not a fan of the red calipers though..IMO i think they look cheap and i just see modded up corsa, clios etc with the boy racers round by me with them.

Car looks lovely in your signature mate. Not a fan of the red calipers though..IMO i think they look cheap and i just see modded up corsa, clios etc with the boy racers round by me with them.

That's a fair point but hey, boy racers will always copy ! :p

I will take some big photos tomorrow morning in the light :)

Thanks for the good comments too

They look sweet! Easy to fit? And they easy to clean? Get very dirty? The idea of a plastic cover for calipers does sound really wrong... Lol. I would be so pi***d if they melted onto my wheels :)

Suppose they are cheap enough to try. Would be interested in seeing some more shots of people with these!

i bought these off ebay they are the good ones with the pipe and nipple on them. i swear iv had people in the know ask were i got the money from for them cause they thought they were real.
IMG_1640.jpg

go to the first page of this thread to see how i put them on as for cleaning them i swear i havent cleaned them once i just hose them when i wash my wheels. they dont get dirty cause i keep my car clean all the time. and dont worry they dont melt. if you read the first page you will see i have already had that disscusion..