Paint work warranty, how many years?

spannah

Reaction score
Guys i know this has been raised loads of times now but does anyone actually know whether its covers cars aged up to 10 or 12 years old, let me know as i have a 1997 R reg.

12, its in the manual bud

Good luck with trying to get them to spray a 10 year old A3 tho, i know it shouldn't matter but i can almost guarantee they'll find some excuse not to do it

rodenal said:
Good luck with trying to get them to spray a 10 year old A3 tho, i know it shouldn't matter but i can almost guarantee they'll find some excuse not to do it

really?even if its 12 years warranty, my paint work is still mint and the car is still completly standard so all i can do is try

guys i found this on an audi pdf online.

Body Protection Warranty
[FONT=AudiSans-Roman,AudiSans-Roman]All current Audi vehicles are fully protected during manufacture against rust attacking the internal cavities of the bodywork for 12 years from the date of first registration.
The only preconditions are:
The defect must be reported to a member of the Audi authorised network as soon as it is discovered. This must, of course, be within the warranty period
The perforation must not have been caused originally by damage, neglect, insufficient care or maintenance, or by external rusting
A member of the Audi authorised network must be advised about any rusting immediately it is found
All body repairs will be carried out promptly in accordance with the manufacturer’s technical guidelines, using only approved parts and materials, in order to maintain the original level of anti-corrosion protection.

http://www.audi.co.uk/etc/medialib/cms4imp/audi2/uk/Products/owners_area/Audi_Extras.Par.0020.File.pdf
[/FONT]

Always worth an ask at the dealer - you're not going to lose anything. Good luck.