paint warranty?

noddy tt

Reidy
Reaction score
hi guys does anyone know how long the bodywork warranty lasts ?Also does the car need to have a recent Audi service history to qualify for any repairs by manufacturer? Had the car nearly 3 years and was purchased from a wee shifty garage.Recenty noticed small blisters in the paint near gutters, any info would be appreciated
Cheers

I think the paint warrany is 3 years and the corrosion warranty is 12 years. Im not sure if non Audi servicing will affect your warranty on the paintwork, I cant see why it would.

I was wondering exactly the same thing only a few weeks ago. I have a blister in the gutter at the edge of the roof towards the rear on the passenger side.

I need to get round to moaning at audi about this although my car is 4/5 years old its worth a go.

Is it a TT?
If it the trim on the roof that runs back to front, the trim which has the slidey bits for the roof rack on it, then sorry buddy this will not be covered by warranty as this part is classed as a trim and not body work
They are not too expensive and fairly easy to fit too!

Good luck

petewon said:
I think the paint warrany is 3 years and the corrosion warranty is 12 years. Im not sure if non Audi servicing will affect your warranty on the paintwork, I cant see why it would.

You may of just saved me £200 plus quid!
I have got a corroded passenger side front wing and gona get it checked out this week and might have a claim on that :D

Layerz said:
You may of just saved me £200 plus quid!
I have got a corroded passenger side front wing and gona get it checked out this week and might have a claim on that :D

Good luck mate :). Ive just had mine in at the weekend and the bloke reckoned hed never seen corrosion onder the wheel arch on the A4 and mine must have been resprayed?? Im no expert but I couldnt see how he came to that conclusion. Anyways after he checked the cars history and wot not he seemed a bit more willing to play ball. Hopefully he will give the go ahead this week.

petewon said:
Good luck mate :). Ive just had mine in at the weekend and the bloke reckoned hed never seen corrosion onder the wheel arch on the A4 and mine must have been resprayed?? Im no expert but I couldnt see how he came to that conclusion. Anyways after he checked the cars history and wot not he seemed a bit more willing to play ball. Hopefully he will give the go ahead this week.

Will find out later a friend is taking it in for inspection as I am away on a training course for the next month during the week. Fingers crossed they will sort me with a new one will let you know.

i took my S3 to them about 3 weeks ago for a small blister under the paint, the dealership called me back yesterday and said Audi have approved my claim, my car is 7 years old, and they have organised a courtesy car for the few days i will be without the car :)

Will I be ok as I am the 4th owner and it has a fsh but not all by audi.

You will prob get the old "Thats caused by stone chipping" line. Or if they really dont want to fix your car. "Did you use Audi Approved car care products". No, as no body does they again will tell you where to go.

Just found out it would of been covered about 3 years ago..... but to far gone.
Lazy previous owner!!

I will get it sorted off my own back now.

How hard is wing removal ?

Beerzo said:
You will prob get the old "Thats caused by stone chipping" line. Or if they really dont want to fix your car. "Did you use Audi Approved car care products". No, as no body does they again will tell you where to go.
Well the bloke who inspected the car said he would put the claim into Audi. Now I think Audi look at his report and say either yes, no, or they send someone out to do more inspection. It was 9AM, Id been out the night before and wasnt paying as much attention I as I maybee should have.

Hopefully Ill get a call from them this week.

If there is no damage to the paint work ie its not because of a scratch or stone chipping. I would push them all the way.

ive just been on the phone to audi bodyshop explaining my problem. turns out the guy lives close to me so hes going to come to my house and look at the problem tommorow. He says they've had problems with it on A3's before but usually older ones.....

Just gota hope they'l fix it for free !!

i have an A6 Avant and my nearside wing had rust on it on the lip above the wheel and took it to be sprayed and the guy who sprayed it said it has never been spayed here before and looked like the primer layer was not sprayed enough here and it was not a stone and it came from the inside. now spayed and spayed inside wing and waxoiled inside .
pob would have been free if i would have pushed but the car is a 2000.