Paint questions

Toonsoldier91

It's my birthday
Reaction score
Afternoon everyone. Hope yous are keeping well. Went out to wash my car at lunch time to notice this lovely scratch on my passenger wing Mirror. Deffo been done on purpose and it’s on the top. Least they were considerate and done it on plastic ‍♂️
How much do you think this will cost to replace ?? Or repair. I’ve been one on eBay for 90 ( full wing Mirror with glass )

066D152E F8EE 439E 9ADE 66BBC498B989

Also I had a repair done last August on the driver side rear from Audi and I’ve noticed that it’s turning white around the area that was sprayed. Hope the below pics are good enough for you guys to notice

what could this be ?? If you guys need better photos just let me know

0A595CD6 2DC7 44C4 BA25 9AFCC44B580E

29DF9ABA FEBF 414F 9BD4 8D5543E591CA

Thanks

For the wing mirror, you'll want to see if Audi sell them painted, or if you can find a match used. I'd imagine it's around £50 to have the cover painted. You might consider a pair of black ones, or perhaps carbon fibre ones in the aftermarket if that takes your fancy. All fairly cheap options.

As to the repairs, those look to be sanding scratches if they are under the clear coat. Poor repair work I'm sorry to say. Take it back to wherever you had it done.

I was actually thinking about the carbon ones but don’t know if it would suite Daytona.

Afternoon everyone. Hope yous are keeping well. Went out to wash my car at lunch time to notice this lovely scratch on my passenger wing Mirror. Deffo been done on purpose and it’s on the top. Least they were considerate and done it on plastic ‍
How much do you think this will cost to replace ?? Or repair. I’ve been one on eBay for 90 ( full wing Mirror with glass )

View attachment 204417

Also I had a repair done last August on the driver side rear from Audi and I’ve noticed that it’s turning white around the area that was sprayed. Hope the below pics are good enough for you guys to notice

what could this be ?? If you guys need better photos just let me know

View attachment 204418

View attachment 204419

Thanks
I had some cloudy thing going on with one of my repairs once. I just polished it out. Hard to tell if it's same issue from the pic though.

Sent from my GM1913 using Tapatalk

I have some genuine audi carbon mirror caps on my A3 saloon which is daytona grey looks really nice on.

i have had them fitted about 12months and starting to think about putting my original caps back on.