Paint protection on the cheap?

maxpayne

Reaction score
Hi,

I've recently had our MY2005 resprayed. I know it was madness, should have just bought a new car (exploring options for an 8V facelift, but who knows when it will happen). Even the paint guy told me not to do it and my wife is mad with me!

Now that it looks bright and shiny, I was wondering what preventative steps can I take to maintain the paint on the cheap? I was thinking of getting Collinite 476 and waxing the body and get some Gtechniq c5 for the wheels.
I also have at home Car Plan No.1 super gloss but not sure if I should apply it first before waxing?

Thanks!

when was it painted? always best to let the paint fully cure first. Certainly a few months before ive applied any sealant to fresh paint. Collinite 476 is good, im massivley into the ceramic coatings now once paintwork is correct and no swirls then this is the way to go. Gtechniq is good stuff and works well

when was it painted? always best to let the paint fully cure first. Certainly a few months before ive applied any sealant to fresh paint. Collinite 476 is good, im massivley into the ceramic coatings now once paintwork is correct and no swirls then this is the way to go. Gtechniq is good stuff and works well

Painted on Saturday. So I guess I'll wait?

definatley mate, several months (about 3) , its just to allow the solvents to escape as it dries. Aftermarket spray booths will use solvent based paint but i think car manufacturers use water based nowadays.
Just wash it but no hard rubbing on the paint is fine.

Reactions: maxpayne