Paint Protection for New A3

driver_tim

Reaction score
I'm taking delivery of a new A3 in Daytona Grey in a couple of weeks time, and have been wondering about some form of paint protection. About the only decision I've made so far is not to take the dealer up on their overpriced Lifeshine offer. I was considering a Gtechniq treatment, however have recently seen some suggestions that this is easily damaged if not always washed with Gtechniq shampoo. I never use cheapo hand car washes, but equally living in a London flat do sometimes have to use a jetwash or something. My priorities are more paint protection and ease of cleaning rather than absolute show shine. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Well seen as u only use pressure washers I'd say the best protection is multiple layers of wax.
Just be careful tho with mine being black,when the mrs pressure washes mine it leaves water marks and on occasion looked like it was taking the wax off.
Not sure if ur Daytona would be the same ...
Going to hate myself for saying this but maybe AG life shine or the like might not be a bad idea for u as it will protect ur paint and make cleaning easier with a pressure washer.
Try getting a discount off them :)
Remember and wax ur wheels to make cleaning them easier :)

We stopped using the AG Lifeshine at our place (VW Dealership), we replaced it with Gardex which seems to be a better option. bit more labour intensive than AG but the results are really good and the garantee is lifetime too which is good..Worth getting some if you have stockists/suppliers in London. If you cant find any PM me.

Dunno how they can guarantee it for life but if it lasts the life u have the car happy days :)
Just out of interest how much do they charge for putting it on the car in vag?

Remember and dont use multiple layers of wax. Its a myth that the more layers the better the look.....it is exactly the opposite. Max of 2 layers of wax.....3 at a push if you have to as the shine goes off the more layers you put on after that.

Robbie get your car done properly so its sealed so nothing to worry about.

Reactions: RobbieWebs
Remember and dont use multiple layers of wax. Its a myth that the more layers the better the look.....it is exactly the opposite. Max of 2 layers of wax.....3 at a push if you have to as the shine goes off the more layers you put on after that.

Robbie get your car done properly so its sealed so nothing to worry about.

Na buddy this stuff isn't for me I'm still waiting for a window opportunity to hit mine with the DA ...
Haven't even tried the dark angel yet been too hot every day :)
Just been using the QED after every wash :)

The Gardex usually retails at £299 inc the application and a aftercare kit..Realistically if you could get it done for £149 your on to a winner.Iv used it on my cars for last few years and its good.Although I top it up every 6months anyway (get a couple of part full bottles from the valetors and do it myself) Just use a quick detailer in between.Seems to do the trick.

or just buy lifeshine from ebay for £15 and do it yourself

I went for the Gtechniq treatment in the end. Initial impressions are good, but I will be interested to see how long it lasts. I'm not for a moment expecting it to be effective for the full five years, but if you listen to some people it will only be six months. Time will tell I guess...

I went for ceramishield pro. Like you I eschewed the dealers overpriced offer.. (when I saw the way the monkeys at the rear were valeting the cars I'm glad i did!). Had a professional detailer clean off the car a week after I'd had it and apply the protection. Claims a lifetime guarantee as well.. Initial impressions are good beading and water runoff. Only time will tell as to how well it survives!