Paint on leather and plastic interior!

emery1990

Reaction score
got home from snowboarding yesterday to find my car has been used by my brother for a night. Somehow he's got a blotch of paint on the drivers seat. and there's a few bits of the plastic trim, needs to remove it asap so i can advertise it!.

thanks

Hmmm, personally would start with something like Megs All Purpose Cleaner on the trim and either LTT or Gliptone leather cleaners. Take your time and just keep going, see if you can remove it gently as possible.

If you do decide it needs something a little stronger, make sure you go up very slowly in terms of intensity of product. Always start off with the least aggressive, same with most stages of cleaning a car (polishing, cleaning, removing grime etc).

Got most of it off with hot water and a cloth but going to need something to lift the paint out of the leathers, as its come off the top of the leather but obviously leather isn't smooth and its getting out that's proving more difficult. Going to make my brother buy me something to get it out though!

Good news. I would defintately go for something like the LTT foam cleaner then, as this will sink in and lift the offending contaminents out of your leather. Remember to seal and protect it afterwards, just like paint.

If the paint is water based (90% of paints are...Hopefully it is!), it will just dissolve and come out using just a wet microfibre. As mentioned above don't rub it hard. If, however it isn't water based (exterior paint/car paint etc) then it is going to be more of an issue. If I were you I would put some white spirit on some cotton wool (cotton wool ball) and wipe over the area very gently untill it starts to break the paint down. Take the neccasary precautions to mask/protect the surrounding leather that is untouched by paint. When it has been removed make sure to nourish the part that had the paint on with a good product......

Ollie