Paint Job on My Car In Progress.

harps21k

Reaction score
I Finally Decided on sorting out the scratches some kid let on my rear quater panel and the bumper which i hit into a poll. The Paint job was complete by me. I started at 5pm doing the bodywork and then started the primer coats at 8pm. Its now 1.30am just finished the paint coats and will do laqeur coats 2moro. Alot of Rubbing Down to acheive a perfect finish.
Have a look at the pics below of the priming and paint coats. I forgot to take pics before i started. Let me know what you guys think. The glare on the pics is from the camera lens on the paint job.
Primer
Primer.jpg

Painted No Laquer
Painted.jpg

Harps

Hard work all that, are you sure that your going to get a good finish on the panels taht you have painted? why didnt you simply remove the lights and theside mouldings for a more professional finish?
Interesting to see what it was like before and now.
good luck matey

aye, i rekon it would have been easier to remove the lights, side mouldings and bumper, so to get a better finish.

lol nice one for the effort just goes to show what can be achieved by some good old elbow greese, i just did a full respray on my car whilst still having to use my car in the week!!! took 5 days to do the full respray and fit everything and i have to say mine now looks 10000000 X better than before plus everything fits perfect now yay, oh and got a few extra things done while the car was in pieces 2 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

The finish so far is good no dribbles or other faults with the paint job or body. I forgot to take Before pics and only found my camera after the primer coat. Believe me it looked bad on the panel with a deep scratch and rust growing on the lower part of the panel also a dent near the arch. The bumper had a deep scratches too and had three knocks. The panel needed a little panel beating and fillering then sanding. The Bumper needed fillering and sanding. Sorry that i didnt take any before pics. I wouldnt have repaired the bodywork and sprayed it if it didnt need it, Trust me. Ive done alot of panel spraying for mates and family, Im fairly good and have alot of equipment for bodywork. I will paste the Laquer Pics and finishing when i finish. Ive been resting to day as i got the cold & am out of action for a few day. Will be finishing the job on monday afternoon. Thanks for your reply guys.
Harps