Paint Issue

Dan!

Quattro Drive
Reaction score
Website
www.tauracing.com
Hey guys, hoping that someone can give me some advice...

I washed my car on Tuesday and found that the bumpers are a slightly more cream colour than the rest of the car. Like the plastics have changed the paint colour but the metal parts that have been painted are the same. It's really subtle but definately there.

My question is whether if I take it to Audi they will actually do anything about it or just tell me that will always happen? I personally feel that it shouldn't, especially if you've spent 24k on a car.

Thanks

Lol, good luck, I can't see you getting anywhere with this having tried to claim on VW's anti-corrosion warranty previously.

Dan my old A3 was the same but when it was polished and waxed it was not noticable. I dont think audi will be any help

pretty sure that its the same on all cars with plastic painted bumpers. just looks different on the plastic compared to the metal. could be wrong though

Ok, thanks for this guys... I'll try to give it a propper wax and polish and see if that sorts it out! :)

You can polish it all you like Dan, it wont make any difference.
Its as already said, the paint colour difference is due to the different materials that it is applied to.
If you take some time to look at all Audis that have original paint, there will always be a shade difference.
Metallic pearl colours are usually the worst affected.
You could try going back to your local Audi dealership, but you may end up with a bigger mess if they paint the bumpers.
You then run the risk of a further difference in colour match, & on top of that the risk of peeling paint as not many body shops are capable or bothered about doing a proper thorough job these days.
You cannot beat factory applied paint, it just simply cant be equalled.
Leave well alone is my advice.