Paint Chip! :S

Akiriano

Reaction score
Hi all,

So found a chip today, though it may be minor, I still don't want it getting worse obviously. Went straight up to audi and asked about paint warranty, I was told 10 years at reception by the lady which did shortly put my mind to ease until I was told by the body shop lady that it's 3 years normal, but 12 years for corrosion warranty, my cars just about gone over the 3 years (first registered 30th jan 2012). Got to wait till next week to hear back from them on a decision from the manager, but annoying. Just wondering what you guys think to it, if it will be covered or I'm stuck up bleep creek? Also, would anyone know a ballpark figure of what I'd be paying for a body shop to repair this?

If you can't work out where the crack is, it's on the rear part of the car, the left side is the bumper. Have got a better photo of the location but it won't upload, will try uploading later.

Thanks! :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    936.1 KB · Views: 202
Paint is 3 years, anti corrosion is 12.

Can I ask why do you think a stone chip will be covered? It's an external factory which nobody can possibly stop unless you never drive the car.

Umm...no way a paint chip will be covered.
If it's a paint defect then it should be....but that will be a tough call after 3 years +

Paint is 3 years, anti corrosion is 12.

Can I ask why do you think a stone chip will be covered? It's an external factory which nobody can possibly stop unless you never drive the car.

Not sure if it is a stone chip, it seems just as though the paint is chipping away, there's no indent or anything there. Also, just heard good stories around audi being helpful in similar situations.

Umm...no way a paint chip will be covered.
If it's a paint defect then it should be....but that will be a tough call after 3 years +

Yeah, I'm considering (and praying lol) it being some defect, and again, hoping audi will live up to the name they have and help out. Was also posting to see if people had this exact situation before on the off chance and what Audi said to them.

Good luck with that. You'll need it :)

Can't quite make out where it is -either on the bootlid, or the rear wing panel where it joins the bumper.

Looks to me like a typical shopping trolley crunch. Maybe someone has opened the bootlid and it's whacked into something.
Also, are you 100% sure it hasn't already been resprayed after a small crunch?

I'd just stick some touch-up on it and move on...

Turns out its not a paint chip, nor a stone chip etc.

It's actually lacquer peeling away. Does this count as corrosion? Since it shouldn't really be doing this other than it corroding?