Paddle shift?

MikeRSR

Reaction score
Hi a newbie here, just starting a hunt for an A3 with DSG.
Can anyone tell me what year the paddle shift system came in?

Thanks, Mike

1.4 TFSI
2.0L TDI 140
2.0L TDI 170
2.0L TFSI

There's more models but they're the ones i know of for definite.

:arco:

All A3s with the DSG (S-tronic in Audi speak) have come with the paddle shifts and I have a brochure dated August 2003 and that shows the DSG being available on the 2.0TDI and the 3.2 quattro Sport.

I purchased a new 2.0TDI in July 2004 that had the DSG option and, of course, the paddle gear-change.

Yeah was about to say since release of the 8P, paddle shift has been available on all automatic models.

I use them allot, very very useful indeed.

Same here. I use the paddles all the time. I drive in tiptronic mode and change gear when I want to rather than when the DSG wants to. The only time I use D is when I crawling in a traffic queue. Have tried S but I still much prefer using the paddles. It is much more enjoyable than just driving in automatic mode. It like driving a very sophisticated 'manual' gearbox but without any need to use a clutch that gives you the best of both worlds.

It like driving a very sophisticated 'manual' gearbox but without any need to use a clutch that gives you the best of both worlds.

Just what I like, I so dont miss clutch down, gear, clutch up, accelerator etc, thousands of times a day, arrgghh, so much more relaxing drive.