1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Facelift Paddle extensions / options for Facelift RS3

mangobay Nov 6, 2018

1. mangobay

mangobay Member

hi all

Coming from a BMW I am really finding the size and feel of the steering wheel paddles a bit disappointing.

Sorry if this has been asked before, but are there are nicely made extensions or replacement options out there for a facelift please?

I found mention of these which look ok but need to check fitment and they are quite pricey:
    https://www.awesomegti.com/shop-by-...billet-paddle-shift-extensions-audi-s-tronic/

Thanks in advance

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

3. D0C

D0C Well-Known Member Team Nardo Team Panther Audi RS3 TTRS

£134 for stick on paddles...

I agree, the paddles are disappointing. They should be like the Porsche ones. But I wouldn't spend that money on paddles that attach to the current ones. They look, cheap and tacky.

4. Callump01

Callump01 Active Member Team Nardo Audi RS3 quattro Saloon

Ouch, £134...

If you want knock-offs at less than half the price of that, try Aliexpress or Wish.

5. Dodgygtr

Dodgygtr Active Member

You need version 3 which are £155 and they clip on the little screws keep it locked in place. I plan on getting some at some point

6. cavebob

cavebob New Member

7. mangobay

mangobay Member

8. D0C

Oh no, not those ones again. I can't recall which member (has a Nardo saloon, James perhaps) has those and they look terrible! Stuck on horrible red things. Are there any that actually replace this existing paddles and aren't stuck on?

9. T-800

T-800 Well-Known Member Team Glacier TFSI Owners Group VCDS Map User Audi RS3 quattro Sportback S tronic MQB Platform

I’ve had a car at mine (coding work) that had similar red paddles on.

Safe to say they look bloody awful.

JamesBaby and D0C like this.
  10. JamesBaby

JamesBaby Active Member

Hahah!! I assume you meant my Sepang blue as shown in my thread in this forum.

They are screwed on by the way, not stuck on. They’re functional and infinitely better than the standard stubby paddle.

Not to everyone’s taste or age, but with the additional circular vent rings they liven up the interior in my opinion.

There was another guy with some red ones which didn’t look as nice as mine though.

:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. cavebob

cavebob New Member

then you want these bad boys
    https://taw-chicago.myshopify.com/

mangobay likes this.
  12. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

13. T-800

T-800 Well-Known Member Team Glacier TFSI Owners Group VCDS Map User Audi RS3 quattro Sportback S tronic MQB Platform

Errr......no

It was an S3 with ghastly stick on red paddles.

JamesBaby likes this.
  14. mangobay

mangobay Member

Ok those TAW ones are amazing. But 275dolls plus getting them here. Ouch.

teslaboy likes this.
  15. D0C

I don't think it was yours? The guy did a video with livinglifefast on YouTube.

JamesBaby likes this.
  16. D0C

17. DW81

DW81 Well-Known Member

Seen some one retro fit the r8 ones on,looked good but they are around £500

18. mangobay

mangobay Member

19. illingworth22

illingworth22 Active Member TFSI Owners Group Team Panther Audi RS3 saloon Audi A3 quattro Saloon S tronic DSG

mangobay likes this.
  20. illingworth22

illingworth22 Active Member TFSI Owners Group Team Panther Audi RS3 saloon Audi A3 quattro Saloon S tronic DSG

21. Spinstorm

Spinstorm Well-Known Member

Just consider that the R8 has the smaller S style paddles.... not even the bigger RS paddles your complaining about here!

22. mangobay

mangobay Member

20181112_132434-987x480.jpg 20181112_132357-987x480.jpg

Attached Files:

23. mangobay

mangobay Member

24. mangobay

mangobay Member

hi all
    Ok the Pinalloy paddle extensions arrived today, much sooner than expected. Really pleased with them to be honest. Will do a proper review when used them a bit more but they make shifting so much more enjoyable and whereas I wasnt that bothered using the car in manual mode before, its encouraging me to do so ago. They are quite big but not in a bad way and they dont get in the way. Few pictures attached
    cheers

25. illingworth22

That’s the one thing I have noticed between the S3 i had from 13 to 16, the M2 I had from 16 to last month and now the RS3. The M2 was nearly always driven in manual mode and both the S3 and RS3 I hardly ever did or do!

26. mangobay

mangobay Member

That's been my main niggle since moving from an M car too.I love nearly everything about the RS3, and the auto-box in S mode is far better than BMW's box working on automode, but I havent felt the urge to drive the car in manual mode. I know it sounds daft but the feel of the paddles, and the fact you have to hold the wheel at 3 and 9, just dont encourage it. In 30 mins drive this evening with the alloy paddles I felt far more reconnected with the gearbox. Quite impressed so far

illingworth22 likes this.
  27. illingworth22

If this is the case then it makes the Carbon Fibre ones at $300 not too bad all things considered.