P161B and p0299 faults

Adams09

Reaction score
hi, I was just wandering if anyone may know why my car is going to limp mode. (Audi A3 1.9tdi 105bhp)

So originally, the car was driving fine then it went into limp mode and glow plug light was flashing. I stopped the car and restarted and the problem went away. This happened about 3 times over the next two days, on the next time the EML also came on. I got the code read at the garage and they reset it saying it could just be a one off.

The glow plug flashing light is back and the codes are p161b (glow plug 2) and p0299 turbo underboost. Are these both connected or two separate faults?

The garage say I need an actuator repair on the turbo but didn’t mention anything about the p161b fault code.

Thanks

Reactions: Spayki
Salut, je me demandais si quelqu'un pouvait savoir pourquoi ma voiture passe en mode boiteux. (Audi A3 1.9tdi 105cv)

Donc, à l'origine, la voiture roulait bien, puis elle est passée en mode mou et le voyant de la bougie de préchauffage clignotait. J'ai arrêté la voiture et redémarré et le problème a disparu. Cela s'est produit environ 3 fois au cours des deux jours suivants, la prochaine fois que l'EML s'est également allumé. J'ai lu le code au garage et ils l'ont réinitialisé en disant qu'il pourrait s'agir d'un seul.

Le voyant clignotant de la bougie de préchauffage est de retour et les codes sont p161b (bougie de préchauffage 2) et p0299 turbo underboost. S'agit-il de deux défauts liés ou de deux défauts distincts ?

Le garage dit que j'ai besoin d'une réparation d'actionneur sur le turbo mais n'a rien mentionné sur le code d'erreur p161b.

Merci
I have the same problem on a seat 1.9 tdi 100