P1604 Internal control module driver error

hibee1

Reaction score
Alrite,

New to this form have a Audi tt 3.2 dsg 2004 50,000 , was driving yesterday and the gear display on the dash started flashing, and put the car into limp mode and when i switched the car off and back on after 20 minutes or so, wouldnt engage the gears, got the car back to mates garage plugged in his diagnostic computer and came up with this code P1602 internal controle module driver error and also 17086/P0702- Transm. Control Module Electrical Malf.

Any help would be most welcome cheers

P0702 is a control unit defective fault. Basically its your mecatronics thats the problem. Have you had the DSG oil changed?..Would req futher testing . Its a dealership job unless you know what your doing

No not yet, could this be the problem, my mate at the garage is quite clued up , what sort of further testing can be done, i've found bba can do something with them, any help would be most gratefull.
thanks for getting back to me

if your mates got vagcom then he can do pretty much all the basic settings. Its worth taking a oil sample and carrying out a glycol test (check if anti freeze is present) as the oil cooler is a known problem to leak internally and will contaminate the cluches. To be honest, its gonna be a replacement mecatronics control unit. Not cheap though, best part of a grand.

Cheers for getting back to me, i've got vag com, just the shareware version, can i do anythin with that, the computer he's got is a solus pro scanner . Would iy be worth sending my unit away to get fixed or are you better with a new one.

Any other help or info would be great thanks a lot.

Sorry bud not too sure what the shareware is limited to. Dont think it allows coding, unsure of basic settings. as to getting it repaired,ive no experience of that as i work for the dealer and always replace. Sorry

Alright thought i'd give you an update on my motor, it seems that once the transmission oil gets above a certain temperature, the ecu puts the gearbox into limp mode, and once it cools down the gearbox works again, so we reckon it could be the transmission oil or a faulty temperature sensor and not actually the mechatronic box. Do you know where i could get a service kit for the dsg box as the ones i've found are all in the usa as could do with getting on with it this week. do audi sell them themselves also the temperature reading was up at 58 degrees at one point do you know what sort of temperature it should be ?

cheers again