1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

P1020 High Fuel Pressure Fuel Fault Help

OliNix Oct 9, 2018

1. OliNix

OliNix Active Member

So this has been quite a long standing problem I have had on my 3.0TDI, but it has recently become undrivable! When under load (used to be full throttle now it is most of the time) I get a flashing coil light. If I do a scan, the fault I get is “Fuel Pressure Regulation Control limit exceeded Upper limit exceeded”. I have already replaced the high fuel pressure sensor on the LH rail and the high fuel pressure regulator on the RH rail.

I know there is a flow metering valve on the back of the HPFP, so this is going to be my next target as it is the only thing left that hasn’t been replaced. This is getting expensive though, so wondered if anyone has seen a similar fault and how they fixed it?

I have attached a scan below, and will try and make a data log when it happens.
    Date: 2018-10-06 13:20

VIN: WAUZZZ8E55A506018
    Car: Audi A4
    Year: 2005
    Body type: Avant
    Engine: BKN 150 kW (204 HP) 3.0 l
    Mileage: 269190 KM

---------------------------------------------------------------
    01 Engine

System description: 3.0L V6TDI G000AG
    Software number: 8E0910401F
    Software version: 0060
    Hardware number: 8E0907401AJ
    Coding: 0011171

Trouble codes:
    P1020 - Fuel Pressure Regulation Control limit exceeded Upper limit exceeded
    static

---------------------------------------------------------------

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

3. Donfero

Donfero Member

Any modifications on the car?
    I had this problem when i had stage1 remap, I installed a downpipe and after that this problem started, after stage2 the problem went away.

4. OliNix

OliNix Active Member

No, it is completely stock!