1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

P030400 P130A00 & P020400 - Fault Codes

Kei Kei Sep 27, 2018

1. Kei Kei

Kei Kei New Member

I got my timing belt changed on the 08/08 and on the 05/09 while driving the Engine Managemen light EPC light and Traction Control light all came on the dashboard.

The car then started to drive funny, moving very slowly despite me pushing down on the acceleration pedal. The car generally will not pick up any spend and will shake if I get it anything above 30MPH. The car will also shake when I stop at the lights and the stop/start function says faulty/unavailable.

I took it to a mechanic and got the above fault codes and have paid roughly £700 changing the spark plugs, ignition leads, coil pack and then a fuel injector. However, neither of the repairs have solved the issue and the car continues to misfire, making a loud rattling sound from the engine and shaking when stationary.

This mechanic then said I probably have an issue with the valves?

I took it back to the mechanic who replaced my timing chain and they have said that I have an issue with the ECU and explained that it is not sending information to Cylinder 4. They have advised I get the ECU scanned/repaired but are not able to assist in this area/ do it

I am a bit worried about paying to get the ECU scanned/repaired as I have been already spent a lot of money trying to fix the fault and have not had much success.

I am also a young female and feel Mechanic’s are just taking my money, knowing it will not fix the fault. For this reason I am considering paying for a 3rd diagnostic from Audi themselves but of course this will also be expensive.

Is anyone able to offer any help/ advice. I would really appreciate it.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

3. ch1z64

ch1z64 C'mon you's bhoy's in Green Team Imola TFSI Owners Group Silver Supporter Team Sprint Audi S3 Manual

Get a hold off this member PM @DJAlix and ask if he could scan for you and if he has any experience with this problem as he is an advanced vcd's user