1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

P0299 where do I start!

karllap Apr 22, 2018

1. karllap

karllap New Member

Hi,
    I have a 2008 Audi A6 2.0 diesel, It was sat on my drive for about 4 or 5 weeks but before that it drove fine. On taking it our yesterday for the first time it constantly goes into limp mode and glow plug flashes every time I put it under any load.
    It seems to drive fine if I tickle the accelerator but if I push it once it gets to about 2 1/2 thousand revs it goes into limp. This happens every time.

I have removed the EGR and throttle body to give it a good clean but it didn't make any difference.

Only thing I found was a slight split on the little hose in the pic, fixed that and the car seem to be great, for about 5 mins then it went again and has now gone back to every time it goes over 2 1/2k revs it goes.

Any body got any ideas where I should go next?

If any body has any advise about which pipes to check for leaks and the easiest way to check or anything else of that nature could you just circle the the parts on the pic please to make diagnosing a bit easier

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

3. Seanchadwick2k3

Seanchadwick2k3 Audi A6 C6 2.0tdi 2011 Sline Special Edition Audi A6 S-line owners group Le Mans Edition

My first guess would be gummed up vnt on the turbo. Ideally you need to do some logging with vcds and check requested vs actual turbo boost. I had similar issues in the past and fixed it with a Mr muscle turbo clean. Would be better to remove and strip the vnt but Mr muscle does work.

Im no expert though so dont take this as Gospel!