1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

P0299 - Turbocharger/Supercharger "A" Underboost Condition

fafa May 11, 2018

1. fafa

fafa Member

So I had the engine warning light come on a couple times last week and so I bought an ODB2 scanner (Carista). It's giving me the above error code.

Before I book it in at the garage, does anybody have any suggestions of things I could check that might be doable at home?

The Carista app is quite good, I've enable the needle sweep and offside mirror dip on reverse functions.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

3. fafa

fafa Member

I've taken it to my local garage and he's said that he can't see anything obvious and to leave it until it gets worse. Well now the engine light as well the flashing glow plug light is on. It's come up with a code (05171) that I can't find anywhere is that even an error code or just an engine id? I'm not sure what to do next.

OBD2 - confirmed:

OBD2 - pending:

Engine:

Ignition authorization:

02823 - Requirements for Locking the Steering Column Lock not met

4. fafa

fafa Member

Local Garage couldn't find the issue so I've taken it to an Audi dealer, hoping they can find the fault at least...

60 or 80 quid (I don't remember which) for them to tell me it's Underboost on the Turbo, "yes I told you that was the code already"
    plus another 140-280 to investigate further.. I hope to f*** it's just some faulty electronics when they call me tomorrow.

Any ideas on how I can navigate this with price negotiation?

5. fingermouse

fingermouse thats me

With audi they are a law of their own. If the car is under 4 years old with full service history then they may help with costs.

6. fafa

fafa Member

Update on this.. I've got the car back.. They spent 5 hours investigating but have charged me for 2 and waived the initial inspection fee and cdw on the loan car they gave me. They suggested further investigation around the turbo and actuator which they said felt a bit loose. Not sure what to do next, looking at VAGManchester as their hourly rate is cheaper but they'll want to start again from scratch.