P0089 error

ama212

Reaction score
Hi,
My RS3 2016 engine light came on, i didn't notice any performance change, when i scan the car with elm327 and torque mobile app i get the following error :
P0089 groupe motopropulseur
Suction control valve stuck

I clean the code but it returns after a while.
I will go tomorrow to a garage that has vcds so i can get more precise error.
After some researchs i found that it can be fuel pressure problem.
I saw that there were some recalls for changing low pressure fuel pumps for 2016 RS3.
Anyone already got this error or has more info?
Thank you for your help.

Hi,
My RS3 2016 engine light came on, i didn't notice any performance change, when i scan the car with elm327 and torque mobile app i get the following error :
P0089 groupe motopropulseur
Suction control valve stuck

I clean the code but it returns after a while.
I will go tomorrow to a garage that has vcds so i can get more precise error.
After some researchs i found that it can be fuel pressure problem.
I saw that there were some recalls for changing low pressure fuel pumps for 2016 RS3.
Anyone already got this error or has more info?
Thank you for your help.

If it’s low pressure then there’s a fuel pump module swap under warranty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is there a way to check recalls by vin ?
The part number of the module that is changed for the recall number 20DB is 4M0906093N, if i buy this module can i swap it without problem ? what is it location on the car ?
Thanks

Last edited:
Contact audi UK, this is what I did regarding mine on my PFL rs3

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

With vcds i get P310B fault : low pressure regulation, fuel pressure outside specification.
Is it the code related for the recall 20db which replaces the fuel pump module 4M0906093N ?
Thanks

Last edited:
With vcds i get P310B fault : low pressure regulation, fuel pressure outside specification.
Is it the code related for the recall 20db which replaces the fuel pump module 4M0906093N ?
Thanks

When I had the module changed on my PFL the dealer said one of the errors required to have the module swapped under warranty was ‘low fuel pressure’.
If I were you I’d get onto the main dealer and tell them there’s a warranty case to have it done.

Not a big job either, rear seat bench pulled up and then there’s access to the lift pump and the module is on the top of the pump.

Here in Morocco, the dealer doesn't touch your car if it is not bought from them, my car was imported from germany so they will do nothing even if it is a recall.
That's why i try to find the information and do the swap myself with your help.
I found the 4M0906093N module on the internet but how can i be sure that it is not the faulty one ? they kept the same part number ? maybe the date on the part ? i found one with 2017 year should be ok ?
Thank you

Here in Morocco, the dealer doesn't touch your car if it is not bought from them, my car was imported from germany so they will do nothing even if it is a recall.
That's why i try to find the information and do the swap myself with your help.
I found the 4M0906093N module on the internet but how can i be sure that it is not the faulty one ? they kept the same part number ? maybe the date on the part ? i found one with 2017 year should be ok ?
Thank you

On the parts data base it’s showing the module ends in K up until 29.5.2017
It then lists the module ending in N from 29.5.2017 onwards.

Reactions: ama212
Hi, i finally received and installed the new module (ending with N) but unfortunately it didn't solve the problem, here's a screenshot of the intermittent error i receive, i noticed also some problems with my car, when i try to start in an incline from stop the car jerks badly. I think that there's a problem with my low pressure fuel pump.
Any idea please?
Thank you.

Attachments

• SmartSelect_20210820-224335_Gallery.jpg
    SmartSelect_20210820-224335_Gallery.jpg
    749 KB · Views: 93
Up !
Could it be spark plugs that causing this p310b error and cuts when moving in incline ?
Thanks

I finally solved the problem by replacing the low pressure fuel pump.