P0016 Fault Code help please.

himself26

Reaction score
Car is an A5 8t3 2.0l tfsi coupe 2009
Car had been driving perfect until I went out in it 4days ago.
Got in started it up sat & waited for the choke to go off as I always do before driving then pulled away.
Diving down our street it felt lumpy & hesitant in 1st & 2nd gear got onto duel carriageway put my foot down a little in 2nd & whoooooosh felt a lot quicker than usual.
Anyway did my running about & the car just didn't seem right & at the last shop I went to I came out & it was awkward to start so got home & scanned it.
MIL Status wasn't showing any faults at the time & engine light wasn't showing. So went into pending/historical/permanent faults & found a P0016 code in faults pending.
Cleared the code & left the car over night
Next day car started fine as usual but seemed lumpy drove it around a mile & engine warning light came on. So straight home scanned again & same P0016 code.
However now when I press the clutch to the floor & release back up. I can hear what sounds like a nasty metallic chattering just before the clutch pedal gets to the floor then again around an inch or two up when releasing the clutch.
Anyone shed some light on this please ?
Really hoping it aint the timing chains :(

More than Likely the chain tensioner has broken. Then the p0016 is the car seeing a momentary difference between the cam sensor and the crank sensor. Find a good local mechanic to do it .I got a tensioner kit for around 140 and was 200 labour to sort