p/a door not shutting right

CCWjames

Reaction score
this has been a love and hate relationship with this door as 6/10 it shuts. but after adding a new door card it is now just bouncing open when trying to close

top of window all looks good and is inline with the back window rubber Strip. but now a few marks on the door striker

any ideas on realigning? what to check?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mine slowly deteriorated, then developed a habit of flying open if I turned right enthusiastically... :blink:

If it comes to it a new lock module is 8L2837015E, just under £100 if I remember correctly.

got to take card of when i get clip this week and wanted to know was the hinge to play with or the doorlock or the striker

I remember lots of posts of people adjusting the striker, some successfully, some not so much.

Don't think the hinge should come into it if the door looks right, and you've only had the card off?

yes but had 3 years of it playing up closing . always taken a few goes but now even worse

That's what happened with mine, over about 2.5 years, got worse and worse.

When it swung open at *cough* 70mph as I was alongside another car I gave in and replaced it :(

The whole lock module. Someone with skills could probably rebuild it but I have none!

mine does this too - there is a broken / lazy spring in the lock mechanism somewhere - if I spray carb cleaner in the mechanism it is all good for a few days. I have to close it with my bum and pull it shut from inside the car and over lots of bumps in the road it opens (scary at night with the interior light coming on - so I have switched that off) the mechanism sometimes come on ebay for about £30

the door still actually undoes if it is locked, hence nothing to do with the striker.

unfortunately no good for me as mines the driver's not the passenger - there are always loads of rear and passenger locking mechanisms appearing driver ones seem to get mopped up immediately or are twice the price :)

to be fair... I don't need to worry about it swinging open on axle stands :D

weird i found out the door trim was not on right and now have a gap at mirror end and back to 5/10 shuts first go

a small gap in door, how to adjust it closer?

f163e44dc6c0dfe731439c0060a337b5.jpg

Why whats wrong ur car now Stuart B? I thought after u had fitted the intercooler and the hoses that kept popping of everything was ok.

This is a problem is from the beginning when I bought it in 2015 - my car has so many problems - its junk. but I did just take it for a spin after finally re-fitted the bumper and the hoses have not popped off.

Reactions: tomjol