Owners with - brake squeal - please register your frustrations HERE!

Part of the optional sound effects pack.

Can't be optional as no one would tick the box, more like 'free' sound effects pack, comes free with the brake upgrade of having some.

I have brake squeal after only 300 miles, is that normal? It scared my daughter's teachers when I dropped her at school this morning :notme:

PigPen, you need to get out there and give them some controlled abuse to get the best out of them. I haven't got the aftermarket shims on and on stock pads and discs and so long they are used well there are no squeeks. Fortunately it's only after frequently light application for a prlonged period (in town) this happens on my car.

A spirited drive on country roads or on the motorway with heavy stops eliminates the issue. I can't remember the last time my brakes squeeled (queue brake squeek tomorrow morning!)

I have brake squeal after only 300 miles, is that normal? It scared my daughter's teachers when I dropped her at school this morning :notme:

Why!?! Oh! Why!?! Did you not get John to apply the 'fix' to your brakes when you was in Stafford?....eh? Piggles....You know it was gonna bite ya on ya bum at some point.

FINALLY!....NO SQUEALS!!!, Just had the infamous 45bvtc 'fix' done to my car and it's like heaven....Big thanks to John today for all his help and time. :thumbsup:

I guess we all hoped being one of the last out of Germany they may have done something different that and a 230 mile trip home with kids meant I couldn't really hang around.

If its any consolation, the occurrence of squeal normally only coincides with dry weather and allegedly the official fix is imminent as per this Facebook message yesterday "
A number of possible remedial measures are currently being tested and we estimate that a solution will be available shortly. We very much appreciate your patience while final testing is in progress and will update you as soon as we can
". Although this doesn't actually give any useful info about what the fix might be or when it might be applied. The 45bvtc fix (applied by Audi Coulsdon and less effective for me than for others who have had it applied by the Man himself) has reduced the squeal a lot but it is still there in typically occurring climatic conditions, i.e. dry and sunny, when you want to be out and about enjoying the car!

From the sounds of your recent posts, your early days of ownership have been shocking - hope that things improve.

It has been yet for a few pounds it could be put so right by the dealership. After they had built some bridges they threw them down the river today..........

It has been yet for a few pounds it could be put so right by the dealership. After they had built some bridges they threw them down the river today..........

The RS3 is NOT the car for you... Admit it and get rid!

Just guessing but something maybe to do with you having more complaints about the car than anything else so it begs the question did you not do your research about the car before you bought it and if you did, then why did you buy it.

Last edited:
I have only actually complained about my scratches the other bits were questions. Perhaps I should leave the forum if I have upset so many with questions. I thought it was meant to be fun. As for 45bvtc I have spoken to him about his comments and he is fine. But I guess this obviously isn't the place for me. Thanks to those who have been helpful.

Just asking the question, I am by no means upset by what you have written as it is only a forum and if someone asking you that sort of question prompts you to leave a forum then that is your perogative but honestly?

pigpen, congrats..... you've earned this
e454f34aa47f1629628048922cf224f1_zps96d3da27.jpg

stick it on the mantelpiece, have beer and chill............

I have only actually complained about my scratches the other bits were questions. Perhaps I should leave the forum if I have upset so many with questions. I thought it was meant to be fun. As for 45bvtc I have spoken to him about his comments and he is fine. But I guess this obviously isn't the place for me. Thanks to those who have been helpful.

You certainly haven't upset me either, I'd be fed up with some of the problems you've had with paint etc too. I tried to be helpful linking you to Moschops brilliant detailing thread. I tactually thought your Service Book etc post was meant to be a bit of fun hence my reply in Welsh (which I thought was funny anyway!) - I hope that you didn't take that as me being offended! No need for you to go anywhere in my opinion but up to you of course.

Added for for comedy effect...
NID Mae'r RS3 yw'r car i chi ... Cyfaddef a chael gwared!

Reactions: CatnipRS3
I love my RS3 squeaks and all! It has a rattle, it's squeaks abit and it won't stay clean this time of year but I have to say its ace!

Just about to spend £800 modding it, so you could say iim planning to keep it ;)

Reactions: Kelza
I don't actually have any complaints I have been loving it and as for the paint I have already booked a correction and Swissvax session so have been just getting on with it. The brakes I just reported on the thread as 45 had hoped being one of the last out of Germany something may have been done to it. The service book was a bit of a laugh, the loss of power was a real concern and the SatNav just seemed an antique for such a brilliant car the postcode question was a REAL question and makes finding clients around here difficult so I asked if there was a software update. My enthusiasm seems to have got me abused!

Hi pigpen hope ive not upset you in anyway ,if i have sorry in advance !

Cos the part is expensive... Unless u have better ideas :/

Have painted trims before I'm deffo not doing that, didn't know you were doing it too, what colour is yours?

Yes but you can sell the old one to recoup some money.............checks his comment to make sure there is no complaining in it and then posts it

Ah!....the dreaded fitting, yehh I guess with fitting you are probably right.

Mine is same as yours but on a white car, I have spoken to a bodyshop and they promise me you'll not be able to tell it's been painted....was kinda worried getting any runs in the lattice work.

careful lads..... going to get in trouble.... again!
433c1278ad6fc2756c31bc87c208f33f_zpsb79705e3.jpg

klauster start an RS3 mod thread.......

Can't really sell the old one as it will look abit mad I think, black grille surround with the alum style mesh....

Pigpen, you will soon get used to the other guys sense of humour in here. They do like to have a laugh. Your the new boy so they just having fun winding you up, im certain they didnt mean to upset you. :) x

Reactions: Kelza and CatnipRS3
Well if I really wanted to complain I would go on about the chip in my alloy and the paint missing on my door all of which are from new but I hadn't mentioned that until now. I can take a wind up but some people having a dig about not researching the car etc doesn't come across as a wind up but enough said.

Well if I really wanted to complain I would go on about the chip in my alloy and the paint missing on my door all of which are from new but I hadn't mentioned that until now. I can take a wind up but some people having a dig about not researching the car etc doesn't come across as a wind up but enough said.

I don't think there's any harm in sharing experiences and asking for advice etc but enough said now. Let's move on!

Does anyone know if the brembo anti-squeal pads that 45bvtc flagged up actually work? Audi's vague end of Q1 fix is looming and I have little faith in this materialising - might have to take matters into my own hands, since the anti-squeal self-adhesive shims have only dampened the noise, not made the problem disappear... Might have to dig around on the TTRS forum, see what their experiences are of these pads.

So much love about, makes me feel all warm inside.

Man hug anyone?

Contacted Audi customer services...... as you know I'm without the RS3, currently driving their S4 until the brake fix comes out.
I was informed that the brake fix has not been finalised and further testing in alternative conditions is under-way.
I was fairly busy last week and stuck 1200miles on the S4, intend to keep the S4 until the end of March and then regardless of the brake fix situation I'll request my car back as I'm bored driving this oversized 'U-Boat'

Contacted Audi customer services...... as you know I'm without the RS3, currently driving their S4 until the brake fix comes out.
I was informed that the brake fix has not been finalised and further testing in alternative conditions is under-way.
I was fairly busy last week and stuck 1200miles on the S4, intend to keep the S4 until the end of March and then regardless of the brake fix situation I'll request my car back as I'm bored driving this oversized 'U-Boat'

Robbie!....Don't forget to keep the seats, steering wheel, alloys and cargo net as I did when I sent my S4 back! lol