Owl under the bonnet

harley141213

Reaction score
I’m not here to knock diesel owners, each to their own, but there seems an increasing number of young diesel owners ( not just vag) that have those annoying electronic dump valves/ chatter jobbies fitted to their cars?

every time they change gear there’s that ridiculous noise....sounds just like an owl to me. Do they realise just how s€#te they sound.?

if it’s just me then I’ll keep my views to myself, but really??

Reactions: desertstorm
Where I live, all you can hear at night are Golf DSG farts and diesel hoots!

It's actually just the normal noise of the VNT turbo to get it that loud means a straight through exhaust system with no silencers containing a wadding .

I don't mind the owl hoot but the complete lack of refinement in the exhaust note after they make it all straight pipe does my head in. Whistly, rustly and usually involves black wheels (I intensely hate black wheels and aftermarket badges lol).

With you re the black wheels, not a massive fan of them although they do suit some vehicles.
Just the general sound these cars make, and the usual huge cloud of thick smog the bellow out makes me detest them. I’m all for subtle mods, but they just sound ....very similar to the word “tank”

it’s a bit like Xmas decs, you see some houses with a tree in the garden with nice tasteful bright white lights, and think, “ that looks nice”. Then see one with excessive amounts of brightly coloured flashing lights, resembling all sorts of shapes / figures and think “ that looks tacky”. Wayne and Waynetta’s pad

Reactions: Andy Butcher and Willenium
With you re the black wheels, not a massive fan of them although they do suit some vehicles.
Just the general sound these cars make, and the usual huge cloud of thick smog the bellow out makes me detest them. I’m all for subtle mods, but they just sound ....very similar to the word “tank”

it’s a bit like Xmas decs, you see some houses with a tree in the garden with nice tasteful bright white lights, and think, “ that looks nice”. Then see one with excessive amounts of brightly coloured flashing lights, resembling all sorts of shapes / figures and think “ that looks tacky”. Wayne and Waynetta’s pad

Yeah I know what you mean. All the clouds of soot and never would I have guessed that the equivalent sound of farting through a paper cone would become a desirable trait in modified modern cars :wtf: