Overtaking - Mirror signal Maneuver ?

• Thread starter Deleted member 21388
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 21388

Does any one ever actually look when overtaking or do they I've seem to find just pull blind out (& dont indicate) and the try and overtake and then notice that someone else is actually parallel to their car as they start the overtake ?

I've had this twice on me this week, both times I've had to abort the overtake as dippy in front has plainly not looked and cant see the car behind then with its headlights & indicators on which they have just pulled out in front of .

IS mirror signal maneuver not taught any more ? or am I coming across the no interest in driving brigade - forced in to a maneuver they dont normally do and making a hash of it - or just the general deteriation of driving skills

Richard

i think it is becoming in-keeping with the general lack of respect for others and the "****-you" attitude that seems to be sweeping this nation.

Ba$tards, i hate it, i drive on the motorway everyday and you always get tw4ts pulling in and out without indicating or lookin in their mirrors, and i aint being funny but its always the BM, Merc and Audi drivers that do it!!!

Then you get the lane hoggers *** once you have overtaken, pull back in, why just sit there in your slow or even fast car, tootling along, if you all move in as you are supposed to, the motorway would be such a better drive....A$$holes!!!

Phew, glad i got that off my chest :mad:

Its very annoying at roundabouts as well - everyone comes to a halt due to the one idiots that decided not to indicate !
Not indicating should carry an endorsable penatly in my eyes. (rather hard to enforce with the current facination with "safety Cameras" and not proper police on the roads in cars though !)

Richard

This gets on my man-boobs a lot!! I ride a motorbike and as anyone who's ever done a bike test will know your taught to always be looking around you doing "life savers" when you perform a manouvre. Granted there's a lot of stupid bikers that ride like twats & dont look, but i've always made it a rule to do this, and I even make sure I do it in my car. There's blind spots in mirrors so there's only one way to be sure, take 0.005 seconds and turn your head around before you do something else you'll end up being hated by every other road user by cutting them up! Worse still, and i've seen this happen, you could change lanes in a queue & wipe out a biker filtering through, not a pretty sight at all!!

Well personally I dont, I just drive where ever I want to but then again I do own the road and hence drive a BM. But when other mere mortals do it to me it gets on my man dud's

J.

Mirror signal manouevre, position speed look I was taught, and after 15 years of driving, I use it religiously!

My old driving instructor used to clip us round the back of my head, and hit the dual control brake, when we were near groups of girls, so I learnt the hard way by being made to look a **** everytime I cocked up! Hence why i check my mirrors all the time, even if driving normally ie not overtaking.

Well personally I dont, I just drive where ever I want to but then again I do own the road and hence drive a BM. But when other mere mortals do it to me it gets on my man dud's

J.

blaster.gif

:)

I especially notice people not indicating on roundabouts. And even when the feckers do indicate, it rarely bares any relation to where they are going.:nunu:

tell you what fooks me off other than the things spoken above. the tw@ts ya let out and dont say thanks. once again, there normally in poxy BattyMansWagons mercs, range rovers or yes im ashamed to say it Audis.

how hard isit to raise 1 hand or hit ya hazards for 2 secs?? i bet if ya let any so called white van man out, he will say thanks! Big up the van alliance!

i would say that as i drive a transit!

As has been commented on before, I think there are more and more drivers showing poor standards and selfish ways which is a sad reflection on society as whole :bye:

Have to agree with the thank you thing, i always like letting people in as thats the kinda guy i am, however when they dont say thanks, i normally end up waving at them and saying thanks to them, just to make them realise, however sometimes they dont and end up waving back thinking they are my long lost best friend or something....DIVS!!!!

I have re-named the indicators to i-am-icators, as thats how they seem to be used now. It doesnt matter if you are about to overtake, just get out of the way i have my i-am-icators on,GGGGRRRR

Mirror, Signal, Manouvre

Seems like they teach Manouvre, Signal, Panic as a cars there, Veer all over the road.

Another one that does my nugget in is morons who cut roundabouts without actually looking to see if anybody is in that lane or not.

Cyclists who will ride on the road holding everybody up rather than use the purpose built cycleway not 10 yards next to the road.

People who try and show you how quick their superior car is and then get all arsey about it when they realise you're quicker than they thought.