Overheating and coolant not circulating

Ben d williams

Hi there really need some help

I have a Audi a3 2tdi 06 reg and it is overheating and the bottom coolant pipe is not getting warm. I've had it in the garage and had a new water pump and thermostat in it and still not sorted. Would love to hear what anyone else thinks it could be. Also I don't have any heat coming from my heaters it's mainly cold. Any suggestions would be great

Last edited:

ScottyP45

Does the top pipe get hot? Must be. The bottom hose is the return side of the radiator so shouldn't be too hot but should be warm. I'd start by getting a garage to check it out, pressure test etc. Could be blocked internally somewhere. Start by disconnecting both hoses and run a water supply into the rad and see if if flows out, then same with the block hoses. If the stat is removable leaving a sealed housing, you'd need that out to push water through the block and see if it comes out.

Hot water enters the rad from the top and exits at the bottom back to the engine.

aky20

Hi there really need some help

I have a Audi a3 2tdi 06 reg and it is overheating and the bottom coolant pipe is not getting warm. I've had it in the garage and had a new water pump and thermostat in it and still not sorted. Would love to hear what anyone else thinks it could be. Also I don't have any heat coming from my heaters it's mainly cold. Any suggestions would be great

Sounds like the heater matrix, I had a similar issue on my 2010 A3 or it could be an airlock.

I think I did create a post on it somewhere.